Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B2G1 on PS4, XB, PC at Best Buy. Stacks with GCU!

1. B2G1 on PS4, XB, PC at Best Buy. Stacks with GCU!

Three $60 games will run GCU members $95.98 today. I don't get how they're making money.

2. I know how I am!

Christmas season = Paul makes no money because there's no way in hell he can match what the corps do. Instead he stocks up on cheap inventory for the February/March tax season rush!

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Three $60 games will run GCU members $95.98 today. I don't get how they're making money.
    Website only shows PS4/Xbone games as part of the deal. No PC. Calling off the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I know how I am!

Christmas season = Paul makes no money because there's no way in hell he can match what the corps do. Instead he stocks up on cheap inventory for the February/March tax season rush!
    I support my local video game store by buying PSN cards, and paying with my Amex.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I wish I even had a mom and pop store around here to creatively support.

5. While it's good that you support your local store in any fashion, those PSN cards are almost loss leaders for most of us. I make more money by using my red card at Target for the 5% off than I do by ordering them from a distributor.
    I almost wish for some collusion amongst competitors to keep prices up. The way the system is now, everyone will go out of business trying to put the other guys out of business first.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    While it's good that you support your local store in any fashion, those PSN cards are almost loss leaders for most of us. I make more money by using my red card at Target for the 5% off than I do by ordering them from a distributor.
    I almost wish for some collusion amongst competitors to keep prices up. The way the system is now, everyone will go out of business trying to put the other guys out of business first.
    I know, I was joking.

We have a really good mom-and-pop chain in Virginia Beach (Video Game Heaven). Obviously I don't have access to their numbers, but they seem to be doing very well, enough so that they just opened a third location. I always make sure to support with some purchases whenever I go home. It was really rough in Guam--no local game store, no Amazon Prime, just 2 GameStops. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Guam is Hell.

8. Dammitall, why didn't they include Wii U? After Black Friday deals, the only things I still want are Mario Maker and Xenoblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. You're in luck since both are worth $48!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I wish I even had a mom and pop store around here to creatively support.
    A place has popped up in Roxboro, about 30 minutes north that we need to check out. They don't keep consistent hours (closed when I happened to be there) or any online presence I can find. The two people who've been have ranted up its radness, but left me with the feeling it's gonna have some high price tags.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...