Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: System Shock 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    YESSSS

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ohmygod.gif 
Views:	591 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	78373  

3. My primary concern with these games is still more their budget than creative vision, but still... pretty huge.

Also, wtf, Warren Spector has just been teaching for the last few years? How does the industry let a guy like him go?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    How does the industry let a guy like him go?
    Did you play the Epic Mickey games?

The first one was one of my favorite Wii games. That's admittedly a relatively low bar. I quit the second one on PS3 because I missed a Trophy and got pissed.

The first Epic Mickey didn't reach the lofty goal of being Deus Ex meets Super Mario 64 but it was still a great love letter to classic Disney with some fresh ideas thrown in. The second game I couldn't make it past the demo. The multi-character thing was painfully done.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Did you play the Epic Mickey games?
    Can't say I did.

Polygon posted lots of new info from Warren Spector. Warning: Some of it is potentially spoiler-ish.

9. It seems like this game is still quite pre-dev. I have a feeling we're not going to see it until 2019 at least.

10. Spector pointed out that there are six survivors from the previous games.
    I don't think even the biggest System Shock fan ever could name these people. The stories of the two previous games centered mostly around things that had happened/are happening, and not specific people. The hacker in the first game and the soldier in the second had almost zero direct interaction with anybody, so having the stories of these faceless people "finally" told doesn't really intrigue me.

But then again, who knows? It might be a fresh take to take a different narrative approach to SS3. SS2 is one of my favorite games ever, but it did get frustrating here and there that you never actually run into anybody else, with their the backstory being mostly conveyed via audio logs.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02 Mar 2017 at 07:06 AM.