Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: System Shock 3

1. Interesting! But I wish SHODAN looked a bit creepier. This seems to be a common complaint in the YouTube comments...hopefully the devs take heed.

And I'm sure if the game is halfway decent it'll have no problems finding a publisher.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 19 Mar 2019 at 12:17 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Holy shit yes.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 14 Sep 2019 at 09:52 AM.

3. That looks really damn good. Way better than Underworld. I'm growing concerned they don't have a new publisher yet though.

4. Nightdive have said that if they don't find a publisher (unlikely, IMO) that they would self-publish.

5. Great Post.Thank You

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Nightdive have said that if they don't find a publisher (unlikely, IMO) that they would self-publish.
    Different game.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Different game.
    No, System Shock 3. I meant OtherSide, however, not Nightdive.

https://www.pcgamer.com/otherside-wi...se-will-do-it/

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Looks like they self-destructed instead.
    Apparently OtherSide had been losing staff for several months, and now they're folding.

9. Certainly seems that way. They claimed to have enough funding to self publish, but ended up being behind schedule and pulled the plug.

It's wild to me that they wouldn't even TRY Kickstarter. I know Underworld Ascendant faced a lot of backlash that might undermine the effort but it couldn't hurt to try.

Underworld Ascendant did, eventually, get some very major patches and content updates, and it was a pretty interesting game in the end, if maybe not the game hardcore fans expected. It's a shame it never managed to shake off the gate from its terrible state at launch.

10. The reason is apparently that they just didn't think it could live up to fans expectations without a significant increase in budget.
    I don't think kickstarter makes sense for them. The way the project has fallen apart doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    Kickstarter is for getting projects off the ground, not for rescuing them from mismanagement.
    What they need is a 'kickfinisher', which I don't think would go over very well.