Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shin Gojira (2016) aka Godzilla: Resurgence

Whats the deal with the tail?

It's for balance.

3. lol @ the guy wigging out at the end of the trailer.

4. Hey. I really liked this.
    A lot.
    If you like Evangelion you'll like this.

5. Probably going to see this Saturday. There's one showing a day at a theater right near me.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. TONIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I'm especially interested in your opinion Yeller.

Your opinion is good too Dole, I guess.

8. That was a dense cookie indeed! SPOILERS

Anno made a movie about Japanese Bureaucracy, the failures of Official Experts, and the Fukushima nuclear disaster. Starting from the first steam jets erupting off the coast, we see very single cabinet meeting (there are Many), committee assembly, and bureaucratic hangup, all clearly labeled. When military equipment comes on the scene, we see every unit labeled in the same way. Official Experts quickly determine that there's no way that the creature can move on shore, and that there's nothing to worry about. That... doesn't quite work out so well.

Godzilla itself is a wretched, horrible thing when we first see it fully. It's the waves of a typhoon, pushing boats down city streets. It looks more like a rotted unknown sea monster than any Godzilla we've seen before, vomiting blood out of gills, giant fixed pupil eyes like an angler fish. G continues to look like something that was dragged off the bottom of the ocean as it evolves.

I liked it a lot. I need to see it again soon.

Con: Some of the effects shots are kinda dodgy (shots were farmed out to 20 some-odd CGI houses, and let's say not all of them have worked much since the Sega Saturn), but most of the movie is highly reminiscent of Neon Genesis Evangelion both in pace and tone. If you're not ready for Endless Meetings About The Godzilla Problem, maybe skip it.

Pro: THE MOTHER FUCKING NUCLEAR BREATH IS AMAZING. Roar game is tight. The score is a cross between Eva and Godzilla. The monster design is super weird and I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Just got back. I really enjoyed it. It is odd but in a fresh way. I recommend everyone that likes good movies to see it in theater.

Also, I suggest learning nothing about it and going in eyes open.