Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys VIII: Lactation of Dingus (PS4,PSV, Nintendo Switch)

1. Some more things known so far:

Vs VIII LoD happens BEFORE Ys VI, with Adol being 21 y.o.

Adol is traveling on the Goethe Sea toward Eresia aboard a ship called the Lombardy. It gets scuttled (Surprise. What did he do to piss off the sea gods?) by a giant sea monster. That's how he ends up stuck on the "forever-cursed" island of Seiren, of primitive nature and rife with ruins of ancient civilizations. Adol & the shipwrecked passengers set up a village for protection against the strange, hostile creatures. Now, Adol finds himself dreaming of a mysterious blue-haired girl and the place she lives in.

New Ys same as the old Ys

3. I think I'm going to try and get into this series finally.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

You should.

5. Any suggestions on the best version of Book of Ys 1 and 2 to start with?
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

For be it's a tossup between Chronicles and the Turbo CD version. Can't go wrong either way.

8. Let me ask this too, my friend is willing to let me borrow Book of Ys I + II for the TurboCD now that I have a PCEngine Duo. I get the remake definitely has better visuals, but is it worth playing the Duo remakes at all, or just go straight to the one on steam?

*edit*

I should have hit post reply before I went to make dinner because Gohan commented on exactly what I'm saying.
    Where I play

9. Book I & II first, then Chronicles. It's still the definitive version of the original games. I like Chronicles a lot, but the handful of new areas don't add anything, the default difficulty is way too easy and Ys I & II aren't balanced as a single game like they are in the Turbo version.

Oh, and Ryo Yonemitsu's arrangements of the Ys and LoH OSTs were as good as Falcom's music ever got.
    Last edited by No One; 01 Feb 2016 at 07:50 PM.

If I had to choose one and never play the other again I'd pick the Turbo version.