Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys VIII: Lactation of Dingus (PS4,PSV, Nintendo Switch)

1. Word.

2. I'm getting my PCEDuo RGB modded and recapped next week, so it goes off and comes back from that I'll start Book of Ys I + II on it. The whole it being one game thing on the Duo sounded really cool when I was looking up info about the series. I got Wanders from Ys years ago on the SNES after I do I +II I'll have to jump onto that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. I've only really played the first two to completion. The third was a goofy side scroller that I liked in concept but never got into and then there were two different Ys 4s(?) and that's where I fell off.

This should be merged here, since the discussion is predictably more about the rest of the series.

5. Thanks for the link Yoshi. I wish I had jumped into the Ys series years ago, I kind of always meant to and never got around to it.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Duo Ys I&II is the best audio in gaming if you ask me, the music and mixing are so good and voice acting has never been outdone in my opinion. I also like the 80's PC graphic style it has as opposed to the rendered anime look of later iterations.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

7. Agreed on all counts.

I always wondered why NEC dumped so much time and money into Book I & II's dub. Maybe they wanted to make as good an impression as possible since the format was still really new? It was decades ahead of its time.
    Last edited by No One; 03 Feb 2016 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Tenses are (apparently) a bitch.

8. The slash (Adol), strike (Sahad), & pierce (Raksha) attack systems are similar to Ys 7 & Celceta.

Adol's fighting style is all-round average. Sahad's anchor swing has a wide arc, but it can leave him open to getting hit. Raksha's attack doesn't have a lot of width, but the speed is good for dealing with fast enemies.

Dealing enough damage to an enemy with the attack style it is weak against will inflict "Break" status on it. All 3 attack types will do more damage to a Broken enemy. This can cause flying enemies to be grounded & improve the chance of a rare item drop.

9. *edit* wrong thread.
    Where I play

10. Release dates!

Falcom has announced that Ys VIII will be released for Vita on July 21. But what about the PS4 one? Try 2017.

Falcom's president Toshihiro Kondo says the Vita comes first because there are plenty of PSV owners that enjoy their games like Tokyo Xanadu & Trails of Cold Steel. Looks like they want to make the PSV version good and then remaster it for PS4. The PS4 version won't get extra content BTW.

So far 5 characters other than Adol have been revealed. The two new ones are Ricotta (12-year old girl with a whip-mace, voiced by Nozomi Yamamoto) & Hummel (24-year old bayonet wielder, voiced by Kenichiro "KENN" Ohashi).

The good side of the delay? Maybe XSEED will already have the translation done by the 2017 release of the PS4 version, so there will be hardly any delay between the Japanese and US PS4 dates.