Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys VIII: Lactation of Dingus (PS4,PSV, Nintendo Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    This is out in Japan on Vita. Getting some positive impressions so far.

Also Falcom put out some music on their music channel from this.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j9E5gUDpg_HR6q
    Needs an English release now.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Seriously wanted. Hopefully the PS4 version comes early in 2017 and XSEED can do a double barrel release, similar to Trails of Cold Steel.

Right now I'm listening to "Smash Up". JDK never ceases to kick ass.

Should this get ported to PC, DON'T let Joyoland do it. Given that Aksys is getting Tokyo Xanadu onto PC, hopefully XSEED can pull a similar move for Ys VIII with a port based on the PS4 version (just add some extra graphics options to allow 4K/8K, etc.).

3. It's coming to the USA this fall, but from a different publisher.

Yes, there WILL be a US release of Ys 8. That's no surprise. But the publisher? It's not XSEED- try NIS America.
    Both Japanese and English voices are planned, with ingame text in English or French.

That makes 2 Falcom games from other publishers. While I'm glad to see Ys 8 arriving this fall, it was at first baffling that XSEED wasn't in. But it does make sense given what Tom has said- Fate/Extella, Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, Akiba's Beat, Trails of Cold Steel II, and Trails in the Sky the 3rd have gobbled loads of their time. Falcom must have realized XSEED had a full plate, and wanted to get this westward ASAP. If they gave it to XSEED I guess we'd probably be waiting until 2018.

Just like Tokyo Xanadu, there will be a Windows port for Steam beside the PS4 & Vita ones. Even if the Windows version just uses PS4 assets, cranking up the resolution will be a plus. Tom wishes NISA the best, and said he'll preorder.

4. Nis America also has limited editions for pre-order on their website. I pre-ordered the PS4 version.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. By the way, Falcom & XSEED's relationship is still good as Tom is quick to point out. They're probably still on for Trails of Cold Steel III. A Japanese version of Zero no Kiseki exists on PC, so I guess that's got a chance.
    Since we missed out on Nayuta no Kiseki, I wouldn't mind seeing either Falcom or XSEED port it to PC/PS4 with some graphic enhancement and 60 FPS instead of 30 (which is tolerable for the lower power of PSP, but on PC/PS4 60 shouldn't be a problem).

6. Been failing at keeping track of Vita releases, apparently Ys Origins is getting a multi-language Asian release:

http://www.play-asia.com/ys-origin-m...liate_id=16202

Reminds me I need to track down the Asian only release of Shadow of the Beast PS4 as well.

7. Ys Origin has just been released on PS4 digitally. Dot Emu ported it.

8. It's worth noting for those that don't like digital downloads, Play-Asia has the Asian physical copy for $24.99 (with code: BLUECODE). The Asian version is in English as well, and it works on U.S. PS4s.

9. What the hell, NISA?

koestl's Twitter page

Here's Serpentus, the "Merciless Shivering Vase". Really? Looks more like a 8 ton snapping turtle/dinosaur hybrid to me. Merciless Shattering Jaws would sound better.

"OK Adol, it ends here. You've broken too many of my family for treasure. Now I break you!"
    Damn, let's hope this and any other similar mistranslations that may be in Ys VIII are fixed by the time the game goes gold. If not, maybe there could be a fan edit/retranslation mod in the future for the PC version.

Nevertheless, I'll still buy this.

EDIT: "Merciless Shivering Vase" has been changed to "Merciless Herald of Sorrow". Much better, but someone else says this should really be "Merciless Jaws of Terror".
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 25 Jun 2017 at 01:29 AM.

10. I got this in today, which is stupid early. So if you have the inclination and such places that would fulfill your desire, you should check them.