Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: Ys VIII: Lactation of Dingus (PS4,PSV, Nintendo Switch)

1. The title of this goddamn thread makes me laugh every time I see it.

2. JUST IN: Ys VIII also coming to GOG. They said it.

All of PC's Ys games will be on GOG, including this one.
    If you're getting in early, don't hesitate to nab the three DLCs. They'll be FREE the first week.

With PS4's version being $60, I guess the price will probably be $50 on PC. NISA dropping the price by 10% for the first week wouldn't be a surprise.

3. JUST IN: PC version is DELAYED.

Well, I went to GOG Galaxy to start downloading this and it was still unavailable (install button greyed out). There have been some issues with the PC version leading to an indefinite delay. And? Straight from NIS America, the PC version has been delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by NIS America from Steam page[/quote
    We regret to inform everyone that the release date for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA on PC has been pushed back due to continued efforts in improving gameplay quality.

We sincerely apologize to our fans who have been looking forward to this release. Ultimately, our goal is for fans to enjoy a high-quality game. We are providing the extra care in the PC development of the game by taking time to enhance the overall quality of gameplay.

If you have made a pre-purchase on Steam and would like to get a refund, please use the link provided below for instructions on requesting a refund.

For any purchases or pre-orders made outside of the Steam channel, please contact the corresponding refund support for that channel.

A new release date will be announced as soon as it is available.

Thank you for your time, support, and patience with this matter.
    I'll let my preorder stand rather than take the refund. But I may buy the PS4 one in the meantime.

At least K&M and display resolution issues have been taken care of.

Random crashes, frame rate, and language-related issues are the current focus. NISA estimates that the random crashes & frame rate issues should take about 2 weeks to resolve, then they will tackle the language-related issues.

Godspeed, NISA.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 14 Sep 2017 at 01:43 AM.

4. Quick first impressions (PS4 version)
    The charge attacks work the same as Celceta, with no need to hold down the attack button. There are now both a jump and an evade button, and air dodges can also be done. Since you can jump, you can now do the downward attack again (wait 1 sec. before hitting attack, or you'll do the midair slash instead). Also added is a target lock button.
    Several different map modes are available, and there's a world map similar to Celceta's. The evade button can also be used to run if held.

Certain food items can be harvested from different spots, and can be eaten to restore health (or used in recipes later). There is no money on Seiren, so there's a barter system.

Graphics are decent & it runs at a solid 60 FPS. NISA's translation seems just fine as well.

5. NISA: Apology, and plans to rework the translation a bit.

If the Ys VIII localization seems a bit dodgy to you, well NISA has apologized, and is going to rejig the translation a bit. The fix is planned by the end of November. CEO Takuro Yamashita says that a new translator & editor will review the translation and fix inconsistencies (i.e. Gradios should be Grattheos), grammar, typos, etc. That updated localization will be patched into the PS4/Vita versions, and already be in the Steam/GOG on release. Voicework will be updated in some parts as well.

BTW, the expected release date for the PC version is mid-December. And they've sought help from Durante, who has worked wonders on Trails of Cold Steel. Improvements in performance, framerate, and shadow rendering are what they're going for.

NIS America Blog Page re: Ys VIII

6. I"ve only put maybe two hours into this so far but the news of an updated translation kind of makes me want to wait to play through it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Release date for PC version. 1/30

Ys VIII is coming to Steam on January 30. PC & Switch versions will come with the revised translation. Sony ones get it in a patch. For the PC one, there will be free DLC from 1/30-2/6.

8. Its getting a special edition from NISA too.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.