Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subtastics

1. Subtastics

So my new band finished recording and posted some stuff on Bandcamp. If you're into punk you might like it or you might not. Whatever. We just having some fun.

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Groovy, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

3. Curious to know what you think. We've gotten some pretty interesting comparisons.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

You guys sound like the 90's. I dig the Jeremy songs, Always Around especially.

FYI, I'd buy a record but NEVER A CD.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You guys sound like the 90's. I dig the Jeremy songs, Always Around especially.
    Definitely gotten the 90's comparison. Thanks! Jeremy and I wrote Always Around. I like that one a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    FYI, I'd buy a record but NEVER A CD.
    CDs were more practical for us. As you know, records are expensive to produce.

Subtastics

Yeah, but records are 2spicy.

You guys should consider selling a download card. Most everyone is just gonna rip that cd, shelf it, and then use magic future technology to listen to it. It'll cost you almost nothing through bandcamp. You can sell your demo for, like, $4 and make the same amount.

imo anyway. I'm certainly not saying people don't buy CDs.

8. What that guy said.

I dig the art. I'll listen to it on the ride home.

Get your ass to Pouzza!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Good production. I like you started off with the weakest track, then put the best two after like a sneak attack. Baltimore Red should be Baltimore Blue, but that's OK. Good stuff, you should contact Sega and get them to have you do the soundtrack to the Cyber Speedway remake!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You guys should consider selling a download card. Most everyone is just gonna rip that cd, shelf it, and then use magic future technology to listen to it. It'll cost you almost nothing through bandcamp. You can sell your demo for, like, $4 and make the same amount.
    Certainly worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Good production. I like you started off with the weakest track, then put the best two after like a sneak attack. Baltimore Red should be Baltimore Blue, but that's OK. Good stuff, you should contact Sega and get them to have you do the soundtrack to the Cyber Speedway remake!
    Thanks!. TBH, we thought this was going to be more of a simple demo used for booking shows, but what went to tape sounded pretty rad. I love how the guitars sound. We didn't take the "professional" approach and played without a metronome, so we'll likely re-record everything plus a few more songs.

Also, here's the subject behind Baltimore Red.