Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Winter, 2015-2016)

1. Helldivers - I originally passed on this game because of the developer, but trying it now it's actually pretty cool. I wish they were a little less survival-stingy with resources as ammo management takes a lot more attention than I'd like. Crushing people under air drops is a pretty consistently great time.

Marvel Heroes - They just released a big patch that added controller support, and while the game is still super basic with horrible art/animation (I think literally every other Marvel game that has been released in the last five years - including cell phone games - looks better) it's now a lot more fun to play with direct control. They did a really good job there, although inventory management still uses a cursor instead of item selection.

Gran Turismo 5 - It's good but I mostly went back to this because of Steam Link incompatibility with racing wheels. Feels like feature overload at times, as though they were trying to cram in everything they could think of just for the heck of it. I'll probably skip 6 and wait for the PS4 entry.

But now that there's a pseudo-official workaround for the Steam Link to support racing wheels, PS4 controllers, etc. I'll probably be going back to Assetto Corsa and Project Cars soon.

2. Was playing some games with my wife tonight. She said, "I have to be honest: this is the only videogame I've really enjoyed playing aside from Pinball Arcade."

We were playing Super Mario Bros. 3.

What about Katamari? You may have to leave her.

My 3 year old wants to learn how to play Super Mario 3 after seeing some older kids playing it on a Wii. She was also playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Final Fight the other day. Still trying to get her to figure out that she can use the dpad and the buttons simultaneously, and that touching the screen on a SNES handheld does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. They got me again. Noticed World of Tanks is on ps4 so I downloaded it. It runs so much smoother than my 360 or PC can run it, and it's genuinely fun, so I'm sure there's another hundred hours or so in my future with it. Goddamnit. I blame cheeks for getting me into it.

Just finished antichamber. Took me about 5-6 hours to get all signs. Great game, surprised there is no thread.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 09 Feb 2016 at 08:30 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    They got me again. Noticed World of Tanks is on ps4 so I downloaded it. It runs so much smoother than my 360 or PC can run it, and it's genuinely fun, so I'm sure there's another hundred hours or so in my future with it. Goddamnit. I blame cheeks for getting me into it.
    Does it let you play against PC folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    They got me again. Noticed World of Tanks is on ps4 so I downloaded it. It runs so much smoother than my 360 or PC can run it, and it's genuinely fun, so I'm sure there's another hundred hours or so in my future with it. Goddamnit. I blame cheeks for getting me into it.
    And yet you never play with me.

Why does tnl hate me so?

9. I don't know if it's cross play, could look into that but I'm on my phone right now so... Nope.

And cheeks my computer really sucks for it, which was the only way I could have done it before. If this cross play exists then I'm totally down. Or when my taxes come back and I build a new PC.

10. PS4 first impressions:

Woah Dave is the best game on the system. I'm going with this until I find out differently. It's really fun!

Injustice, the DC three button fighting game, is just as bad as it looked. Picked it up for $5 on the Valentine's Day sale, not impressed. It's like Mortal Kombat with every intuitive thing removed and replaced with nonsense.

Figuring out how the whole 'Share Button' thing is working, seems kinda weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!