Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: New Year Haul! January 2016

1. I have a buddy who is in Tokyo for the 3rd Strike Cooperation Cup. I thought this might be a good opportunity to cash in on a little money he owes me if he had some time. It was and he did.
    uploadfromtaptalk1452355511583.jpg
    I didn't really do any research before rattling off some games I might like him to look for, so I'm a little sticker shocked, but whatever, I've wanted a Famicom for like 25 years. Now I just have to hope he trips over a reasonably priced top loader or Twin while he's out there.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 09 Jan 2016 at 11:10 AM.

2. This hobby is getting too expensive.

3. Jesus, so the days of cheap famicarts are over too?

4. Yeah. Those are about in line with eBay prices. Sucks.

5. Gamestop is/was selling the Xbox Dark Souls II Collector's edition for $20, so I picked one up. The statue and map is now decorating the store, the sealed game is on the wall for $20.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Gamestop is/was selling the Xbox Dark Souls II Collector's edition for $20, so I picked one up. The statue and map is now decorating the store, the sealed game is on the wall for $20.
    Were there anymore left where you went? I always wanted to get that map n statue and that price seems real good.

7. I went to Gamestop.com. So let me google that for you.
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...edition/112003

It is still available, but online only. Protip: Find something for $6 or more and use the promo code SAVER to get free shipping. Or don't, and pay almost $6 for shipping anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I have a buddy who is in Tokyo for the 3rd Strike Cooperation Cup.
    Lucky guy. Can he get me a shirt? Pretty please?

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I have to admit the paper quality and presentation of this mag are really solid. Shidoshi might like this if he had a chance to dig into it.
    Man, just looking at those screenshots makes me want to open it up in Acrobat and start placing yellow comment balloons. So much stuff just haphazardly strewn about. All of it arbitrary. No salt, though. Their designer just needs a guiding hand is all and I'm sure he or she doesn't exactly have all the time in the world to get this out.

I'm glad the writing is great, though!

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Man, just looking at those screenshots makes me want to open it up in Acrobat and start placing yellow comment balloons. So much stuff just haphazardly strewn about. All of it arbitrary. No salt, though. Their designer just needs a guiding hand is all and I'm sure he or she doesn't exactly have all the time in the world to get this out.

I'm glad the writing is great, though!
    What's interesting when the editor wrote me back he did say this...

If you have any specific feedback or suggestions for the magazine I would love to hear them, and once again I thank you for your support.

Best Regards

Paul Murphy
    Founder
    If you or Shidoshi want to give him some pointers on anything that can be improved, I'm sure he'd be willing to listen. I want to see more print mags like this since the only thing around me these days is Game Informer.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL