Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1. Try Gauntlet IV's quest mode. That's a man's Gauntlet game. And the password will make you humble.

2. Forgot to post my completed games from last year, but we just finished Beyond: Two Souls tonight. Played the whole thing in duo mode and enjoyed the whole experience. Very light on game play but that's what I was expecting, the situations and characters were done well and stayed interesting throughout. We put it down for a year only to pick it up again tonight and realize we were on the last chapter. Will enjoy playing it again solo when I get the ps4 version.

1. Rocket League (PC)

Name:  d63287a74492218ac97000af0147f6e40bd51f1d.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  2.1 KB

I haven't figured out a better way to determine "completion" of multiplayer focused games than to earn all the (in this case base) achievements, so I'm going to go ahead and call this "completed". I wish I would have grabbed all the DLC during the Steam Winter Sale, but that will give me a reason to revisit the game at some later date, assuming my brother and i Stop playing it regularly between now and then. This has to be the best non-traditional sports game since Windjammers. My brother has been playing for a while and is significantly better at "dribbling" and creating his own offense, so I tend to play defense/goalie and activate when I get a chance to try to score a longer range goal.

2016 Totals
    By Platform: 1 PC
    By Publisher: 1 Indie
    By Country: 1 USA

4. 1. Suikoden III

Or "How to turn 4 hours worth of environments into a 50 hour game."
    Or "There and Back Again- The Game."
    Or "Enjoy the Opening Animation. That's All There Is."
    Seriously. Watch it. Then forget this game exists as this is the best part of it.

What a piece of crap this game is. I hate so much about it, and it's all in game design. When I played it the first time over a decade ago, I didn't find everyone/do everything. That may be why I remember it more fondly than I will after this playthrough.
    All you fucking do is run from here to there. And then back again. And then back again. And then back again. And then do again with up to three other characters.
    Yes, you eventually (way late in the game) get Viki and can start teleporting. But even that is annoying because you can only do it from the world map. What's the big deal? The big deal is that in just about any town, you have to run through one to three sections of useless bullshit screens before you get to the only reason you'd go to the towns to begin with (the shops). It's so stupid and serves only to pad out the game clock.
    Then, because the game is an asshole, in the final chapter the designers decided to lock off your teleportation ability. There's no in game reason for this aside from Viki being "tired." So then you have to run each of the three characters across the fucking map again.

You know what else is stupid as fuck? Constantly fighting the same 3 bad dudes, constantly beating them (except for the few unwinnable battles, and don't get me started on them as a stupid game device), and yet constantly having to face them again. And again. And again. And again.

At least there's a good story right? I've no idea! The script is so uneven. There'll be some truly charming dialog one second, and then all of a sudden it will seem like the two people conversing are having completely separate conversations, though they're the only two characters on the screen and we only see one half of each conversation.

I guess I'm happy I 100% it, because I can say without a doubt that I will never play this game again. It's like after the poor sales of Suikoden II, Konami told the team they'd have the budget for 1/4th of a game and to do what they could with it.

I really wanted to get this over so I could take a break with Xenoblade Chronicles X to cleanse my pallet before I jump into my previously most hated Suikoden, IV. I'm all run out though. I don't know what to play next.

5. Weren't you just eulogizing that game a couple of weeks ago? I can't find the post now, but I recall "charming" and "heart melted" being used more than "stupid as fuck." I was thinking about giving it another shot until now.

6. You know how everyone loved Bravely Default until they got to the twist?
    This game did that first, sort of.
    Like I said above, some of it is great. But it's literally the same dozen environments over and over and over again. And since you have to play through 3 chapters X 3 main characters (and peripheral characters can only be used by the main character that found them) before everything melds together, you don't get to spend a lot of time with the characters you really like. So if there's a person you like in Hugo's chapters, you have to play through six other non-Hugo chapters until you get to use that person again.
    I do like the graphical style. I do think Plains Clothes Chris and Aila are utterly adorable. But the game part of the game if frickin' tedious.

7. 04) Strania: The Stella Machina (PC)
    Normal mode, 14456930 pts., 1-dan on all weapons (9M bonus). Moved up to 9th on Normal leaderboard.

8. 1. Armikrog - Shelved this for a little while due to both buggy launch and lack of time. The time away did the game some favors, and it polished up into a better game. It doesn't really lend much new to the Neverhood formula, but it replicates it well. The very end is some obtuse, backtracky bullshit though.

9. I've heard nothing good about that game.