Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1. 2. Valis II, Turbo CD.

What a cake walk. The first three levels are bullshit easy. 4th is hard if you die (which I did) because it takes many hits to kill even the common enemies with a level 1 weapon. 5th was hard because of bullshit just-about-unmissable environmental hazards. 6 was a cake walk. The bosses took no strategy except "don't get hit, and keep pounding button II."
    Now that my palette is cleansed, I can jump back into Rondo.

2. Valis games are best played on a "Nick Arcade" style gameshow, I suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. 1. Rockman 2

Snowed in. Now was as good a time as any to find a place for that Trinitron I found months ago and play some tapes.

This was the first time the full shittiness of Wily's castle really hit me. It's not just That One Boss that sucks; the entire second half is a mess. Maybe 3 is better. If it is, I have a lot of playground and internet apologies to make.

4. I love that stupid stupid dragon boss so much.

5. He really is so good. I was trying to put my finger on where exactly the game takes a dive--I think it's immediately after the dragon.

6. I think they ran out of ideas hard by the last fight, yeah.

7. Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1.) Chrono Trigger (DS)

I dropped every AAA game I was playing to beat this for the hundredth time, and it was a blast. It's so refreshing to play an RPG that doesn't overstay its welcome; there's no bloat anywhere or complex systems there purely for the sake of having them. I still think this is as good as JRPGs will ever get.

2.) Final Fantasy VI (Steam)

A kind soul figured out how to remove the shitty, blurry filter that turned the original game's lovely pixel art into a pastel, washed out disaster a few days after launch. It was basically playable after that, although it's still got some issues. All that aside, it's still a beautiful, horribly unbalanced mess of a game. It's lame how laughably easy it gets towards the end, but abusing the relic and magicite systems to build the ultimate death squad is still extremely addictive.

3.) Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Steam)

They FINALLY got the controls, pace and gameplay just right. Awesome soundtrack, too. Rottytops' idle animation is the truth.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by No One; 28 Jan 2016 at 10:27 PM.

Before you call ff6 easy, did you play the optional dungeon they added to the gba and later ports?

9. 3. XCOM: Enemy Within

Normal, Ironman mode. It's pretty nuts how much this expansion pack adds. The game feels huge compared to the original, between all the new soldier ability trees and the EXALT stuff and so on. Surprising how in the final mission ironman mode doesn't really matter, lol. Can't wait for the sequel.
    Last edited by Tain; 24 Aug 2016 at 11:00 AM.

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC, Survivor, 100%)

Name:  Ultimate Survivor.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  2.8 KB Name:  No Stone Unturned.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  2.7 KB

The rebooted series is really hitting its stride with this one. There is more actual tomb raiding, though it remains optional. The platforming is good, though it still does a little bit too much for you. It's nowhere near as bad as something like Assassin's Creed though. The game looks phenomenal and features blatant Indiana Jones references, which I consider a plus. I have to imagine this was the best exclusive on the Xbox One... was. "So once again, Jones, what was briefly yours is now mine."

2016 Totals
    By Platform: 3 PC
    By Publisher: 2 Indie, 1 Taito Eidos
    By Country: 1 UK, 2 USA
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 Mar 2016 at 11:39 AM.