Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 717192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1. 5. Trials of the Blood Dragon (PC)
    Using their really good racing engine, they created a funky Trials/platforming hybrid that works well as often as it doesn't. It was a fun and fairly short playthrough, I believe there were only 28 "tracks", but many of them took several minutes so there is decent content there. I just don't feel the need to go back and try to better my scores like I do in a "normal" Trials game. Not great, but not terrible either.

2. 19. Water Bears VR

it's alright. Very polished, walking around a big 'ol Green Hill Zone ass water pipe puzzle in your living room is pretty neat. Things end just as the puzzles start to get tricky, though.
    Last edited by Tain; 24 Aug 2016 at 12:34 PM.

3. 20. Rhythm Heaven Megamix

Awesome. Again, like back in 2011 or whatever, it's more of the same. But it's a lot more, and pretty damn definitive. The only real beef I have is that it's too wordy.
    Last edited by Tain; 24 Aug 2016 at 12:35 PM.

4. 20) Fatal Fury 3 (AC/Neo-Geo)
    Finished on Level 4 (MVS default). Jin Chonshu is seriously not THAT hard, compared to other SNK bosses. Didn't meet the conditions to fight Chonrei, though.

5. I finally got around to playing through Shovel Knight and it's definitely the best retro action game I've played since Super Meat Boy.

What other recently released retro action games are on that level of quality?

Is Axiom Verge up to par?

6. Depends on what you mean by "retro" I guess. As far as recent-ish side-view action-platformers go, Gunhound EX, Assault Suit Leynos, and Volgarr the Viking are all dope.

Freedom Planet's also really good aside from a few iffy character designs. If you like 1993-1995 Genesis era Rocket Knight/Sonic/Treasure stuff, check it out.

8. I beat Uncharted 4. It was pretty good, a nice 8/10

9. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    I finally got around to playing through Shovel Knight and it's definitely the best retro action game I've played since Super Meat Boy.

What other recently released retro action games are on that level of quality?

Is Axiom Verge up to par?
    I'm playing Axiom Verge now. It's good. It's worth playing if you're in the mood for a Metroid-Style game.

10. Inside.

A good follow up to Limbo. WTF at that last section. 8/10
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle