Page 1 of 35 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1. Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1. Assault Suit Leynos (2015)

Dracue's gotten pretty good at this, huh? I can't comment in detail on differences with the Mega Drive game, as I've only seen a few stages of it, but this remake follows the original plotwise and seems to use the same stage outline while pretty much rebuilding the game on Valken/Gunhound mechanics. You have more mobility, an angle-lock button, a punch button, and a shield, for starters. You have more mobility than in Gunhound even, if I remember right, assuming you're equipping the booster.

Honestly, nearly everything I said about Gunhound applies to this. The presentation is nicer this time, but still a bit inconsistent. The Leynos groundwork means you get equipment to manage throughout the game, which is pretty neat (you stock up on armor that basically serves as extra lives, for example, but if you want to use them you need to put them in your very limited inventory). There's a bunch of little unlockables in this as you earn points, and it includes a "classic" mode alongside the arcade mode which really amps up the enemy count and brings back some design decisions of the original game (like enemy death explosions damaging you).

Wholly recommended for anybody that likes these games. I still have a few more games in the subgenre to check out (Night Slave and Leynos 2), but it wouldn't surprise me if this was the best of them.
    Last edited by Tain; 24 Aug 2016 at 10:57 AM.

2. I finished Life Is Strange. I think you could enjoy this almost as much just watching it, but I really liked this one.

3. 01) Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom (ARC)
    Easy mode/7 lives 242,190

Quite good for an earlier arcade release, and as an Indiana Jones game. It doesn't have a real ending but you go to a high-difficulty bonus stage to use up the rest of your lives (This part can't be finished, there will just be another golden statue somewhere.).

4. 1. Fallout 4

Finally finished with every achievement except for the settlement happiness one because it's (surprise!) apparently glitched. Overall, I really like the game, but I still think that part 3 is the best of the modern trio. The construction dynamic often got in the way of the quest, and the dialogue options weren't engaging at all. Still, it was great to explore Boston and kill super mutants, and I eagerly await the DLC.

5. My "miscellaneous" quest objectives weren't an option after I did 40 of them. Bizarre.

Yeah, kinda agree with the above. Settlements felt unfinished and (thankfully) didn't impact anything - though I don't really get the point if that was the case and much of the dialogue resulted in sweep and clear assignments. Still, I'd take games like this all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

6. 02) Time Crisis 5 (AC)
    New year, new record. 4.5M.

03) Assault Suit Leynos (PS4) 182,950 pts.

After the job they did with Gunhound, it's clear that Dracue were the right ones to remake this. You have a shield but are allowed to sacrifice it for an extra weapon. At least for arcade mode, there is a new boss after you beat the original final boss.

Certain outcomes on missions will cause an instant Game Over (i.e. an enemy warship ramming your mothership if you take too long to get it down).

Hopefully they'll give Leynos 2 and Valken similar remakes.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 10 Jan 2016 at 01:48 AM.

7. 1. Gauntlet (2014)

Diablo for babbies. I, a babby, liked it a lot. It's one of those games that's super fun when played with a friend but will make you question if there's anything in life worth doing when played alone.

I beat the last level alone and have some thinking to do.

8. I played it when it was new...I can't imagine what it would be like in single player

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    1. Gauntlet (2014)

It's one of those games that's super fun when played with a friend but will make you question if there's anything in life worth doing when played alone. .
    This has really been the way for every game named Gauntlet I've ever played.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

10. Game of Thrones (PS4)

Not much of a game, but a pretty decent spin off story featuring some of the cast of the television series. Enjoyable if you like the series.