Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2131333435

Thread: Completion Thread 2016: Hyper Solid Shooting

1. perhaps too long?

2. It didn't feel like a drag, but definitely longer than I expected.

3. I thought it felt like they had reached Mega Man 6 levels of painting-by-numbers for that entry, but it was very pretty.

4. but mega man 6 is the 2nd best game in the series

5. Hyper Light Drifter (Xbox One)

I really love this game. I think that the art/sound/musical direction are all expertly crafted. The game uses imagery, iconography, and game play to tell its story. No text or voice overs are used. I found that to be a great design choice. It certainly does not hold your hand. When I first saw the trailers, I was worried about how well it would control, but the controls are responsive and tight. I know that the market is flooded with "retro" looking titles, but I don't really think this is trying to look like anything that came before it. The color, the sprite work, it all blends so well. I've given the sound track a listen or two and I think is fantastic. I've started a new game plus. I do hope the port the 60fps patch to consoles. I don't usually make game recommendations (different tastes and all) but I do believe that if you haven't played this game yet, I think you're doing yourself a disservice.

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition (Xbox One)

Another great game! I already owned the original version of the game, but hadn't played it yet. So when this became available on the Xbox One at a discounted price for previous owners, I purchased it. It looks great (what I thought 2D games were going to look like during the PS1/Saturn era) and it controls just as you would expect it should. It seems developers are getting the hang of programming the analog stick to control 2D games. I really enjoyed how the whole map was put together. It had a nice flow to it. The ability tree is pretty straight forward, but i didn't mind it. The game provides just the right amount of challenge (that Ginso tree escape was a bit hectic). While I did not find the music to be very memorable, I do think it was good and it fit the overall theme of the game. Once I was done with the definitive version, I went back and played the original to see the differences. The original is still good, but the quality of life improvements they have made in the definitive edition makes the previous one truly obsolete.

I'm really looking forward to what both Heart Machine and Moon Studios deliver next.

6. Not counting it as a new completion but I finally managed to beat Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth with The Lost, a full run all the way through the Chest. Didn't think that would happen, as once I get hit in a room it tends to spiral out from there. But after an hour and a half of going slow and agonizing over which items to take, it happened! Now I just have to do that several more times and unlock Keeper. 235/276 achievements. It WILL HAPPEN.