Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Games That Were As Good (If Not Better) Than The Real Game They Appeared On.

1. Mini Games That Were As Good (If Not Better) Than The Real Game They Appeared On.

This topic is spinning out of a five minute conversation I just had with someone about how awesome Sega Swirl was. My memory is a bit hazy, I can't remember if it showed up in a demo disc first or if it was part of the web browser from the beginning. But it was addicting as hell and was one of the few games my chick would play. It was actually annoying how much she'd play it.
    So that got me thinking about the topic and what games would fit. Geometry Wars and Portal immediately sprang to mind. I definitely liked Tiny Phalanx more than Zero Divide.
    Were there any games you'd pop in more to play the side stuff than the actual game? Shenmue...

2. Everything on Super Mario 64 3DS.

Death Tank > Powerslave.

Rocket Jumping in Quake III Arena and Halo was more fun than the core games if you had like-minded friends in on the joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Geometry Wars

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Everything on Super Mario 64 3DS.

Death Tank > Powerslave.
    Forgot about that one!
    I remember one of the magazines (Game Fan I think, or maybe it was Game Players?) jizzing all over it for months on end.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Geometry Wars and Portal immediately sprang to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Geometry Wars
    Did not forget about this one.

6. The 4-Player NBA Jam machine had a hidden "Battlezone" style 3D tank game in it, if you put in four credits and had four friends to help hold down buttons when starting up the game. It was pretty great! The 'backboard shattering' sound happened every time you hit something.

Killing enough enemy tanks would unlock secrets like Big Head Mode or 'always on fire', depending on which unmarked tanks you killed.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 02 Jan 2016 at 06:38 PM.

7. Shenmue 2 has Space Harrier and Hang-On, both better than the actual game.

8. "Welcome to TNL. We like to pretend we're better than the rest of the internet, but no, not really."

9. When I first had it as a kid I played more of the Gradius mini game in Legend of the Mystical Ninja than the game itself. To me the game ended when I got to that town it first appeared in.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    "Welcome to TNL. We like to pretend we're better than the rest of the internet, but no, not really."
    Nice thread, dork.