Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015-2016 MLB Offseason Thread

1. Chris Davis stays with the O's, 7yrs 161mil

Cespedes still deciding on his 5yr 90mil offer, 6th yr option

2. Wha... they're keeping Davis and might get Cespedes? Wow.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

3. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Wha... they're keeping Davis and might get Cespedes? Wow.
    I would think they would stick to to 90mil on Cespedes and let him sign elsewhere if he gets a bigger offer

I don't see any big pitching moves, I would like to see them pick up a few Miguel Gonzalez type projects with upside and sure up the offense since the high priced pitchers aren't a whole lot better than the young guys they already have.

4. My guess is someone at the Orioles said, instead of upping our offer on Cespedes to lock him up lets give that $ to Chris and hope Cespedes doesn't get a higher offer, if he does we can get an outfielder somewhere else. The lineup is improved with no big loss to the offense. They should go for depth with Pitching now with an emphasis on young guys they could trade for a big name starter come midseason.

5. I think the OF is pretty much set. Trumbo can play 1st and Davis can play right field, while Jones and the new Korean guy they signed man center/left fields. If they get Cespedes that'll be great, but they really need another starting pitcher. I'm hopeful Bundy and Harvey can stay healthy and contribute this year, particularly Bundy. Those 2 have a lot of potential.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I think the OF is pretty much set. Trumbo can play 1st and Davis can play right field, while Jones and the new Korean guy they signed man center/left fields. If they get Cespedes that'll be great, but they really need another starting pitcher. I'm hopeful Bundy and Harvey can stay healthy and contribute this year, particularly Bundy. Those 2 have a lot of potential.
    After seeing Arrieta become the CY Winner for the Cubs, trying to develop young pitchers rather than rely on retreads that were once good should be in the back of their mind. I think Gausman and Wright could step up in addition to the two you listed and then if they need an ace they could always package whichever guys aren't ready or can't contribute as long relievers. It helps having one of the best manager/GM combos

This just in: Jenrry Mejia is a genius.

8. Good riddance. Don't need that asshole.

9. lol Mejia. Fucking idiot. How dumb can someone possibly be? wow

Almost time for pitchers and catchers!! wooooooooooooo

10. LOL. I believe we have a winner for Dunce of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettmatic View Post
    After seeing Arrieta become the CY Winner for the Cubs, trying to develop young pitchers rather than rely on retreads that were once good should be in the back of their mind. I think Gausman and Wright could step up in addition to the two you listed and then if they need an ace they could always package whichever guys aren't ready or can't contribute as long relievers. It helps having one of the best manager/GM combos
    Just saw this. I agree, with Gausman especially. If he steps up that would be a huge plus for the starting rotation. My brother and I were talking about Arrieta the other day. The O's have a pretty solid coaching staff, so maybe he just needed a change of scenery. He didn't really do that much different except get better command of his pitches and playing in the NL most definitely helped his ERA. I hope he continues to do well. If the O's can somehow pull off getting Gallardo and Fowler, they should be in pretty solid shape. That would address the two remaining holes in the team. I think the 2016 season is going to be a crazy one.