Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making a Murderer (Netflix)

1. I think Adnan Syed did it

2. It's very clear to me that the prosecution's scenario for what happened is very wrong, and that the police colored outside the lines in order to solidify a shaky case. It's less clear to me that Avery was not in any way involved. But it does seem highly suspicious to me. The way the car was hidden didn't look like someone wanted to hide it, it looked like someone wanted to make it look like someone tried to hide it but desperately wanted it to be found. But then again he's basically retarded, so... There are a lot of red flags. I don't think I could vote to convict if I was on the jury.

What is much more obvious is that the nephew is innocent. That kid is dumber than a bag of rocks and every part of his confession was coached and led through, and he had zero concept of the implication of any of it. I doubt he knew anything about the crime whatsoever.

3. Here's some of the stuff about Avery that was left out, allegedly: http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies...nt-present.php

I think someone could convince/manipulate Branden to do a lot of things pretty easily. Like say shoplift for you. Something you could easily lie to him about and give him basic shit to do (just walk to the parking lot and I'll meet you in the car after I pay for it). Rape, torture and murder are a whole different world and I think he would have been a clear trainwreck forever afterword. I can't believe they said he wasn't functionally retarded with his IQ and how he answers questions with little to no understanding of what it meant. A lot of the witness testimonials don't make sense and contradict earlier statements.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I think someone could convince/manipulate Branden to do a lot of things pretty easily. Like say shoplift for you. Something you could easily lie to him about and give him basic shit to do (just walk to the parking lot and I'll meet you in the car after I pay for it). Rape, torture and murder are a whole different world and I think he would have been a clear trainwreck forever afterword. I can't believe they said he wasn't functionally retarded with his IQ and how he answers questions with little to no understanding of what it meant. A lot of the witness testimonials don't make sense and contradict earlier statements.
    I mean that whole family was kind of borderline retarded and even they considered him the dumb one.

5. Dr. Phil is doing a two part piece on Avery (part one aired today, part two on monday.) Looks like that woman who wrote to Avery in jail and was engaged to him broke up with him 'cause he was a nut.

Fox News actually had a really interesting hour long special about Avery last week - they interviewed Dr. Baden (famous Forensic dude) and he had some really interesting insight. He mentioned that there was some issues in the family with who was going to inherit the tow yard property, and it was possible one of the brothers framed stephen so that they would be the inheritor. But this family seems pretty stupid, so who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Steve would be a pretty easy guy to set up.