Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 10 Cloverfield Lane

1. The original ending was boring.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

The new ending is stupid. JJ's mystery box is always full of doo-doo.

3. This argument killed any interest I had in this movie. All I'll be doing is playing backseat director now!

4. Nah, it's a good movie.

It's an amazing movie. Just pretend the cartoon short happens at the end instead of before.

6. The woman and I saw this last night, and Mzo is right; it's a great movie right up until she gets outside.

The movie went from slow-paced, tense thriller to Michelle practically Rambo-ing her way through cyborg aliens (an exaggeration, but you know what I mean). I would have preferred the slow burn to have continued straight to the end, with the invasion revealing itself more gradually.

But still, very well-done otherwise. The ending didn't take away from the brilliant performances before it.

7. Thought I posted in here already.
    Also thought it was one of the better movies I'd seen in some time. The acting was solid, there was just enough "he's a bad dude, well maybe he's just a bit weird, no he's definitely bad, awe nah he's ok" moments to keep it interesting until the climax.
    The ending was stupid as hell. Independence Day levels of implausibility.

8. The only implausible bit I saw was at the end with the flaming wine bottle. It blowing up the entire ship and her being just fine, if a bit shaken after being dropped, was pretty damn dumb. The rest was just running away from things and using the tools she'd already built, and that was something the movie had established she was good at.

Great movie, one really stupid bit at the end. I really enjoyed wobbling between "John Goodman is creepy-crazy!" and "No, this makes sense and he's just a little weird".

9. why would the ship pick up the truck, was it going to eat the whole thing even though its mouth was considerably smaller?
    It was just silly.