Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Song of the Deep (PC, PS4, One)

Song of the Deep (PC, PS4, One)

While this looks interesting, I'm very leery of the fact that GameStop is the publisher. On the surface, that means that the physical version will obviously be exclusive, but I wonder if there isn't more to this at least in terms of precedent that almost can't be good.

2. ..,aren't you mister pc digital guy?
    I'm leery of Insomniac. But it looks interesting. Makes me yearn for an HD Endless Ocean even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    ..,aren't you mister pc digital guy?
    Yeah, which is why I'm not that bent out of shape on where they sell a physical game that is available digitally. It's what else GameStop has planned if this is successful that concerns me. I'm not sure they could pull this off, but I am envisioning a Steam/Origin/whatever game that you can only buy via a code in GameStop or, worse yet, a game that can only be downloaded directly from GameStop. Retailer exclusives suck physically and digitally, but you can understand that Valve doesn't want their own in house developed game on Origin. GameStop brings zero value to the table, so they have no business potentially having digital exclusives.

Makes me yearn for an HD Endless Ocean even more.
    That's a series that should have been on 3DS, even if it was just a port. It's amazing that Nintendo designed a system around 3D and then failed to deliver their own damn series that would have best utilized it.

I'd be shocked if something along the same lines doesn't show up for VR pretty early on. It's too natural a fit.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 28 Jan 2016 at 10:44 AM.

4. The game looks great. Fuck GameStop.

5. Looking forward to it, I'm glad Insomniac's doing different types of games.

With regards to the Gamestop connection, I don't particularly like GS but that won't prevent me from picking it up digitally.

6. Looks neat.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. It looks pretty and smooth and all, but I feel like too many games are being made that look exactly like this recently. Little floaty thing that flies/floats around caverns and passageways and shoots things and pulls things seems like the go to game style atm. Maybe I'm over thinking that and way off base, but it's not doing anything for me either way.

8. It's Insomniac and it looks pretty slow and blah. I'll probably forget to download it when it's free on PS+ and then not really care when I remember a month later.

9. Song of the Deep (PC, PS4, One)

I'd rather just play In the Hunt, frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Obviously.