Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firewatch (PC, PS4)

1. "Two young women have been reported missing." Coconut collecting? Shit, it's Mary-Ann and Ginger!

85 from PC Gamer and Recommended by Eurogamer

I was planning to play something old next, but this is mighty tempting.

3. i've been waiting on this but it kinda snuck up on me, gonna get it when i gets paid.

4. I want the game on PC but straight up the PS4 theme is the first fucking console theme I've ever seen that looks respectable.

5. Someone forgot about Corn Love.

6. Just started Day 3. So far, it's everything I wanted. It's Gone Home, set outside, but with conversations, and the same tension that something sinister is afoot just below the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. I liked Gone Home but I can't bring myself to buy this game because "it's like Gone Home"

There's a bit more gameplay than Gone Home (not that that says much) in terms of navigating where you are. I find it more enjoyable to turn off the marker on the map. I played through it quickly and enjoyed it for its tension moments. It's worth playing if you want a very story-focused adventure game. I don't think it will convert anyone else.

And I hear some people have had issues with it crashing on PS4. It never crashed for me but the frame rate was disappointing at times.

It's arthouse but it was a fun playthrough. Wait for a price drop.

I really liked everything but the story. The controls are rad the game is beautiful and the tension is real.

There ARE two possible endings.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 Feb 2016 at 05:08 PM.

Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.