Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firewatch (PC, PS4)

1. Is it like Gone Home in that it's a walking simulation (and could be cool) or is it like Gone Home in that it's fucking terrible? They both run on asshole Unity so that's strike one.

2. I watched someone stream this last night for about 5 minutes and had no fucking idea what was going on. It was day 3. Then a minute later it was day 9. Then it was day 33. Then I watched something else.

A minor complaint I have is that the dialogue can feel anachronistic. They aren't always believable as 40-ish year old people in the '80s when they say stuff like "on accident".

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    A minor complaint I have is that the dialogue can feel anachronistic. They aren't always believable as 40-ish year old people in the '80s when they say stuff like "on accident".
    Agreed. Sometimes it felt forced. Like that one part where Delilah is talking about "President Reagan." Nobody does that. People just say Obama or Bush or whatever. It felt like she was reading a script.

But I let it go because I was so in love with the end result.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. I got this last night and put a few hours into it before discovering this is one of those games that makes me nauseous. I gotta look into the menus see if there is something to fix that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    "on accident"
    That's a deal breaker right there.

It was an interesting experience and it was very pretty.

8. Is this any fun? I love the 'dashboard theme', it's very pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. It's outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I had fun.