Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions about self printing

Do they make pdf crackers? To get the images back out?

I got a quote from someone local and they only want to scan and only want to provide pdfs. I don't know if they are trying to keep me from their magic or its a 60 year old that doesn't know how to use the big expensive college/work scanner to output tiffs.

You can extract the images, but they may have been compressed when inserting into the PDF.

A lot of print shops will only send you PDFs if you are paying for desktop publishing so that if you need edits you have to go back to them. It's shitty, when I worked retail I gave the customers all the files if they wanted them. The shop probably knows exactly what they are doing, if they didn't they would be using Office files instead of Adobe.

Yeah. I've got two other sources I found over the weekend. For scanned manuals that I don't own in any form.

So many dodged questions and lies.

They assure me that the pdfs have the orginal images in them of the highest quality....but they no longer have the orginals. And they don't remember what archives they've gotten them from.

The bs is tiresome.

The Hustle™

Muh hustle

6. Print sales is essentially used car level sleaze. How would you want the original images Fe? Like a jpg or tiff? That would require cropping and stuff

I want the image the scanner outputs in all its fat bloated glory

How hard is it to create a font or edit a font?

Ocr might not be a complete answer but if it was matched with the correct font I could probably get better results on some of the poorer sources.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Feb 2016 at 11:32 AM.

9. Maybe you could go to Fiverr.com and try and pay someone to manually scan your shit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    How hard is it to create a font or edit a font?

Or might not be a complete answer but if it was matched with the correct font I could probably get better results on some of the poorer sources.
    Editing an existing font is very difficult, bordering on infuriatingly implausible. Creating fonts is not that hard but it is very time consuming (not sure how the german symbols would work though)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Raster fonts are pretty easy to make. Truetype fonts are very laborious.