Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1012131415 LastLast

Thread: What's the best controller you've ever used?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I mean, it's huge. Shipping would get pretty close to that $50.
    Seriously? What is it? Your penis or a Joystick... Oh wait...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Both, but I'm not shipping my penis anywhere.

It's a Pelican Real Arcade. It's large and sturdy. Ask Gohan, he did some work on it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Both, but I'm not shipping my penis anywhere.

It's a Pelican Real Arcade. It's large and sturdy. Ask Gohan, he did some work on it.
    k I'll take a look at this. I'd never really owned a solid arcade stick before so I'm curious now.

Just take his money then never mail it.

5. Those things are huge. Would be good with the right parts.

6. They really aren't all that, except to flip on ebay.

7. They were the best thing going 20 years ago. Madcatz TEs eat their lunch nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

They are huge wooden things, like a MAS stick. The issue was always that the buttons were cheap Happ knockoffs, but Josh put real parts in it way back when. I don't remember if it was just the buttons or the buttons and the stick, but it had a nice American feel to it. I put a PS360 board into it.

I have one that I used to play on the Xbox all the time when I first modded and put Mame on it. In the early 00 vernacular, that shit was tight, yo. I don't use it anymore though since I prefer japanese sticks and Saturn pads for most stuff now.

9. So this thread deserves a bump. It's been over five years so for those of you guys still around, Are your thoughts still the same or have you changed your minds since then?

Edit: On that note. What made the Xbox 360 elite controller stand out for so many people?
    Last edited by BonusKun; 05 Sep 2021 at 09:56 AM.

10. I use sticks with Sanwa parts now and a variety of 6 button controllers for my fightmaning. I never used and 360 era Elite controller but the regular 360 is overrated. If I'm using a pad, I like the PS4 one quite a bit.
    Last edited by Changeling; 05 Sep 2021 at 03:01 PM.