Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How to Scratch That Collecting Itch?

1. I collect cool artwork and illustrations to put in my place.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I went to a record store on Saturday for the first time in years. It's definitely a thing that people do. Lots of stuff in there. Not for me though.
    I usually don't go in to these, because it's dangerous. I live walking distance from two killer record stores and I've not gone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I collect cool artwork and illustrations to put in my place.

There is this too. I have an ok collection of TNL art, set lists from shows, flyers and paintings.

4. I have contemplated buying a crap ton of Lego sets but those are expensive

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    There is this too. I have an ok collection of TNL art, set lists from shows, flyers and paintings.
    Frames are rip off expensive.

They absolutely can be, but you can also get some stuff that looks just fine and doesn't cost much. You can even do the thrift store thing, though I haven't.

7. You can get decent, very reasonably priced frames at Target, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    TNL art
    Please tell me you have Reeve/Ice Cube stuff hanging in your place.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. As long as the artwork is sized to one of their pre-existing sizes. You CAN find mom & pop places that are very reasonable and framing is worth it. Something about encasing art (even prints) in glass makes them look instantly nicer. As a side benefit after a few purchases your place looks so much better with some art up on the walls.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Feb 2016 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    If I had more time, I'd get into a hobby like woodworking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. What about knife making? You can set up a little diy forge for like $20. I've been looking into it recently. If you're interested I'll point some links.
    Boo, Hiss.