Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: How to Scratch That Collecting Itch?

1. I only collect games and comic trades/graphic novels. I don't even really "collect" in the classic sense, since I'm not trying to go for a complete collection of anything. I just buy stuff I like if it's in good condition and the price is right. I love the comics because I enjoy having entire storylines in one set and not having to track down individual issues, and it's great to be able to re-read the stuff I grew up with (I only really buy stuff from the '70s-mid-'90s).

I did recently start buying those Star Wars cards, and I'm enjoying the act of completing the set. I'm thinking of continuing with other card sets as I find them but only if they're accessible. Walgreens sells the SW cards for $4 for two packs, and there are 4 stores in my area, so it's always easy to buy packs. I'm not going to scour the world for cards.

I kind of hate how commercial collecting, nerd culture, etc has gotten.

A lot of this used to just be like, owning shit. Like, this was just what you were into.

I don't think anyone but the ultra wealthy even thought about owning all the games, or all the toys, etc when we were kids. And owning prototypes etc? You'd never thought about that.

3. Blame Chris Hardwick.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Find a bunch of Ty Cobb baseball cards in your attic: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...rds-discovered

Suddenly the value of Ty Cobb cards drops.

6. How to Scratch That Collecting Itch?

I have a very old Xbox 360. It still works ok but the DVD drive is a bit dodgy and it could RROD at any moment (and is out of warranty obviously). What should I do with this thing? I don't want to throw it in the garbage. I also don't want to box it up and sell it. I'm thinking of just leaving it outside and letting somebody pick it up.

7. Send it to IP

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'm thinking of just leaving it outside and letting somebody pick it up.
    Do this, but put a note on Craigslist alerting people to its location.

If it weren't for the stupid DVD drive key thing I'd take it, as I have a system with a bad motherboard and it's not so simple unless the two Xboxs used the exact same DVD drive.