Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega wants your real opinions..This should be good...

1. broke defunct shell

who y'all niggas

3. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Kinda sad when they mentioned favorite Sega IPs they didn't list Shining Force.
    Me too. No Sega-16 on their list of Sega sites made be a sad hedgehog too.

4. You guys are being very rude and disrespectful to a company that not only makes the excellent Yakuza games, but has recently shown a bit more effort in bringing them to the US in a somewhat timelier manner. Think about your behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    You guys are being very rude and disrespectful to a company that not only makes the excellent Yakuza games, but has recently shown a bit more effort in bringing them to the US in a somewhat timelier manner. Think about your behavior.
    Hey now Andrew, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I'd rather give them my honest thoughts about why they're the way they are now. The fact we never got a true sequel to Skies of Arcadia is beyond saddening.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

They did bring out bayonetta and Valk chronicles.

But they dropped the ball on 2 and the sequels to vc

7. I appreciated Alien Isolation / Afterburner Climax / Outrun Online Arcade... though the latter two have been cast into oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Sega wants your real opinions..This should be good...

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Hey now Andrew, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I'd rather give them my honest thoughts about why they're the way they are now. The fact we never got a true sequel to Skies of Arcadia is beyond saddening.
    Not really sarcastic, but I see your point. The lack of a SoA sequel after all these years, the way they let Shenmue rot on the vine... Some fuckery, for sure. The renewed western push for Yakuza games is probably just battered spouse syndrome on my part. "Maybe they really DO love me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. - What they've done to Sonic
    - Ignoring their classic catalog (how many times have they turned down a new Streets of Rage?)
    - Leaving PSO 2 in Japan

God, I could go on and on. When the DC died, I expected Sega to become one of the premier software houses in the world. The thought of all that creativity on every console was mind-blowing. I guess hardware was to Sega what hair was to Samson, because the company let most of its major talent leave and hasn't done squat with its properties since. So much promise and potential wasted.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    - What they've done to Sonic
    - Ignoring their classic catalog (how many times have they turned down a new Streets of Rage?)
    - Leaving PSO 2 in Japan

God, I could go on and on. When the DC died, I expected Sega to become one of the premier software houses in the world. The thought of all that creativity on every console was mind-blowing. I guess hardware was to Sega what hair was to Samson, because the company let most of its major talent leave and hasn't done squat with its properties since. So much promise and potential wasted.
    Pretty much this. They have so many IPs they could tap the fuck out of if they did it right. Fucking remake Shining Force III god dammit with all 3 chapters!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL