Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega wants your real opinions..This should be good...

It makes you wonder if their budget was all console sales.

Or if they lost everything in bad investments when their economy slowed down. Like, where did all the money go?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It makes you wonder if their budget was all console sales.

Or if they lost everything in bad investments when their economy slowed down. Like, where did all the money go?
    I think a large part of it starting going down when they sat on their asses thinking they were just going to keep making money. When they beat Nintendo, they could have gone much further but instead they made stupid choices. A lot of people lost their trust in Sega as a developer when they started doing stupid shit with their IPs. Sonic Generations imo was the last best Sonic title they ever did and even then it was a hard sell for them. Alien Isolation was them doing shit right. They made a game which got rave reviews & gave people hope that Sega would be able to make quality titles and then they tripped and fell flat on their faces with Sonic Boom.

Right now Sega is in a position that's neither good nor bad but, They could literally become a AAA producer if they listen to their fans but not too much and bring out something solid, catching, and make people go fucking nuts grabbing their dicks trying to get into their games like Nintendo does when they add some sort of retro thing to their games and people love it.

The only positive thing I've seen in terms of tapping into their history is M2 for the Sega 3D games for the 3DS. Sega needs to expand on that idea into consoles.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Can you imagine an M2 console remake of Revenge of Death Adder or Shinobi? Holy shit.

I don't really know how Nintendo stays around either. Do kids like that world of gaming anymore? Maybe they're just better at milking fans?

I don't know if sega can live off of their fans. Maybe they're too thrifty? Too smart for their own good? I see a lot of vintage gamers that won't buy a game over 1 or 2 dollars in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Maybe they're just better at milking fans?
    I think only Disney and Apple are better.

vintage gamers
    You're doing God's work.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I don't really know how Nintendo stays around either.
    Right now they're ruling the hand-held market with an iron fist. The DS line of systems prints money for them everytime a new Poke'mon games gets annouced.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    The DS line of systems prints money for them everytime a new Poke'mon games gets annouced.
    Not so much anymore

8. Sega wants your real opinions..This should be good...

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post

Right now Sega is in a position that's neither good nor bad but, They could literally become a AAA producer if they listen to their fans but not too much and bring out something solid, catching, and make people go fucking nuts grabbing their dicks trying to get into their games like Nintendo does when they add some sort of retro thing to their games and people love it.
    How big is this audience for old ass Sega IP? Dreamcast had some of the best games they ever made and it was a huge failure, nobody cared. And in the interim we've had 15 years of nobody caring.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new Shinobi or Streets of Rage or whatever, but it's not like beat em ups or ninja action games are super popular these days. The idea that the only thing keeping Sega from becoming an upper tier publisher is a fucking Shining Force 3 remaster is a bit delusional IMO.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Pretty much this. They have so many IPs they could tap the fuck out of if they did it right. Fucking remake Shining Force III god dammit with all 3 chapters!
    You'd think that they would at least put those games on the 3DS, since the graphics would work well with the handheld.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    How big is this audience for old ass Sega IP? Dreamcast had some of the best games they ever made and it was a huge failure, nobody cared. And in the interim we've had 15 years of nobody caring.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new Shinobi or Streets of Rage or whatever, but it's not like beat em ups or ninja action games are super popular these days. The idea that the only thing keeping Sega from becoming an upper tier publisher is a fucking Shining Force 3 remaster is a bit delusional IMO.
    Hey I can dream. Stuff like Alien Isolation is something they should have tapped into more. Redoing their IPs on a system like the 3DS would be a good idea since you don't need to worry about spending huge budgets on a hand-held.