Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 4 (PC, One)

1. I like all three of the maps. They're not too big and not too small. Plus they're easy to move through and navigate. And there's a good mix of cover and open paths.

The new dropshot weapon is tricky to learn. I still don't have a handle on it. You have to hold down the right trigger to send it out, and then release the trigger to drop it, which can be tough to do accurately in the heat of battle, or anytime your character is moving.

I haven't tried the new "yank and shank" move yet, or taken advantage of the old mantle kick over the wall. But I think hiding behind cover isn't going to be as safe as it used to be with those two moves at people's disposal, plus the dropshot power weapon on most maps.

I don't like that meatshields and sticky grenades are back. Meh to those two mechanics.

The gnasher shotgun feels like the most powerful it's ever been in any GOW game. You can noscope instagib people from pretty far distances without even needing an active reload. I think it's a bit overpowered in this build.

The hammerburst feels useless now. It has super slow burst fire with a large bullet spread and high recoil. I don't see many people using it in this build since the lancer mows people down at medium range.

The chainsaw on the lancer is much tougher to knock down now once it's fully revved up. But the walking speed is still extremely slow when it's revved. And there's a lot less of the "vacuum effect" sucking people into fatality cutting animations like in the old games. They also added a half-second delay before the chainsaw becomes active after you press the B button, which makes it a lot tougher to ambush people by popping out from behind cover right as they're turning a corner. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that change! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by jyoung; 19 Apr 2016 at 02:40 AM.

2. Getting pulled out of cover from the other side of the barrier to get shot in the face was legit surprising. I need to find out how to do that.
    Hold the left joystick towards your opponent and press the x button.

3. I was just sent a second code for this. Anyone want it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    I was just sent a second code for this. Anyone want it?

me
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Just sent you a PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post

me
    BBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi!

7. I'm getting on Gears now, but I can only play until 9:30 EST tonight and then I'll have to log off.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Getting pulled out of cover from the other side of the barrier to get shot in the face was legit surprising. I need to find out how to do that.
    I got my first yank and shank kill tonight. It's definitely a cool move that fits right in with the Gears universe.

https://youtu.be/ZhdSrnTR7cA?t=6m20s

I don't feel the same way about the dropshot, though. That gun feels like it belongs more to Unreal Tournament than Gears of War. I wish the maps that had the dropshot just stayed with the boomshot the entire time instead of rotating it out with the dropshot.

9. Dodge ball is most definitely a worthy addition to the game modes and is a much needed breath of fresh air for Gears. The back and forth keeps the game exciting, and as long as your team keeps getting kills, you get to come back. Some exciting matches when your team is down 5-1 and you miraculously come back for the win, or vice-versa. Loving what I am seeing so far.

10. They just need to add Execution rules and make it first to 4 instead of first to 3 and it'd be perfect.

The respawn logic can be a little strange at times, too.
    Last edited by jyoung; 20 Apr 2016 at 01:11 PM.