Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt and Sanctuary (PC, PS4, PSV)

1. Never fucking say Metroidvania again.

It's a goddamn Metroid style game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Maybe if you had a cute signature like Grave's admonition of shooter not shmups...but since you're such a bully about it:
    Metroidvania!
    Metroidvania!
    Metroidvania!!

3. I'm buying once dog stuff settles.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Is no one else playing this? It keeps getting better. I got an item that reverses gravity in selected places, allowing me to walk on the ceiling. From what I've seen elsewhere in the environment, there's got to be a double-jump and/or wall-jump element at some point. There are secret rooms as well, and it's got the intertwining world design and unlockable shortcuts From excels at. Metroidvania+Souls is a perfect description.

It's so cool to be able to populate your sanctuaries with different combinations of NPCs, and take over sanctuaries to fit your chosen religion, although I do wish there was a way to switch them around once you assign the max number.

The bosses are on the easy side so far - I've killed six and half went down on my first try, and one of them was an optional one I ended up finding via the exit of its lair - but the combat is still a lot of fun. The game's got the constant "let me see what's in the next room" draw that ends up turning into vanished hours.
    I'm exactly where you are in the game. When I got the boots that little voice inside of me perked up and was like "must back track"...love when games pull that sort of thing off good like this one does. Up until this game dropped, Axiom Verge was my fave indie game on PS4, can not believe two people made this game, it's just really fun and satisfying. Hope more people give it a shot. Perhaps the higher price of a digital only game is keeping some people at bay from picking it up? Honestly though, it has enough meat to it so far that I'd easily pay double.

5. My understanding is that they've been working on it for 3 years.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Is this the made by the guys who did Dishwasher Dead Samurai and Charlie Murder? The style looks very much like that. Which would bode well, because I enjoyed the limited amount of both of those games that I played, and Bio's description has me very curious to try it...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Is this the made by the guys who did Dishwasher Dead Samurai and Charlie Murder? The style looks very much like that. Which would bode well, because I enjoyed the limited amount of both of those games that I played, and Bio's description has me very curious to try it...
    Yep, you are correct. From my understanding, it's one dude and his wife that made the game. Totally worth picking up if you enjoy this sort of game. Definitely in my top five games of this year.