Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kubo and The Two Strings

1. Kubo and The Two Strings

Laika strikes again! Holy stop motion animation.

2. Saw this, finally, and had pretty high expectations that weren't met. It was okay, but I don't get the critical fawning over this. (97% on Rotten Tomatoes?).

3. I thought it was a solid 7/10. The ending wasn't very satisfying and I felt the Beetle character was kind of a waste, but the visuals were amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I forgot I made this thread. Not a surprise since no one responded to it. Watched it last month I think, really liked the whole thing. The quality of the animation overshadows any complaints for me. There are some mind boggling visuals, the fight with Monkey and one of the Sisters on the boat is like next level shit.

The giant skeleton guardian is cool as hell too.

5. I thought I remembered commenting in a Kubo thread, is there another one possibly?

I really liked the movie, story over all wasn't the best, but yeah the animation was so beautiful it made up for it. There are some spots that are just sooo well done it kind of blows my mind every time I see it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I saw it maybe three months ago. Agreed all around, the story beats and character development weren't refined enough. No one can knock the animation but watching the behind the scenes made me feel like the medium is a colossal waste of space and time compared to drawing or digital.

7. Waste of space seems strong. You using that warehouse for something else?

I see making stop motion as akin to concert piano, only a few people can play it in a way that deserves an audience, but even a little kid can bang on the keys. If you have an iPhone and some Lego you can make stop motion.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Apr 2017 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Haven't seen it, but I saw a mini doc thing on how they animated the skeleton. Pretty insane, it's enormous.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Waste of space seems strong. You using that warehouse for something else?
    I'm thinking more along the lines of logistics.

10. Oh, this is on Netflix.
    I started this yesterday as something to go to sleep to and got about halfway into it. I enjoyed what I saw. Laika's stories tend to not be very good, but their animation is great. I love Coraline and Box Trolls.