Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: System Shock (PC) and Remastered Edition (PC, One)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    They've really done a tremendous job of getting this back on track. It's honestly exactly what I wanted out of this project, moreso than the more "ambitious" version that they scrapped.
    I've always wanted to play through the original System Shock - I've played SS2 plenty of times and loved it - but I've always found it way too clunky to bear, both in terms of the controls and visuals. A strict remake without any additional "ambition" added in is exactly what I wanted/needed.

Still, is the original the type of game that you can get used to after a while, and then just enjoy for the gameplay/story?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. where the heck can I play this right now
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. There was a demo out there of an earlier build back when the game was running on the Unity engine. Nightdive took it down after they made the switch to Unreal 4, but if you look on Google it's probably still out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Still, is the original the type of game that you can get used to after a while, and then just enjoy for the gameplay/story?
    I have a higher tolerance for early 3d than most but I do think a lot of SS2 fans would enjoy it if they gave it a chance. The controls always take a bit of adjusting to but with modern patches allowing WASD movement, even that is quicker than before. The map fills in (like in Super Metroid) as you explore, so it's not too overwhelming figuring out where to go.

5. Fuck it. Imma give it a serious go.

6. Nightdive did an updated port of the original that makes things a little better.

7. New demo for the remake is out for the next 48 hours. It looks pretty damn good, very recognizable as the same game as the original, still but modern visuals.

8. Yeah, it looks really good. So glad this project got back on track.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I've only played a few minutes of the demo but am very impressed. Nice work all around and I can't wait to see the full thing.

10. It isn't profoundly different from the old Unity demo, but Unreal is a much better choice, and the new assets look great. This feels like the thing I backed on Kickstarter.