Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: System Shock (PC) and Remastered Edition (PC, One)

1. Wow, this is really fucked up. We've seen some failed Kickstarters before but never anything like this a AA game from an established publisher in a major series. I get that this is their first original title but shit... This is pretty ridiculous.

I'm also betting that if no publishers would give them funding there was something very off with the work they had done, either in terms of the budget they were asking for or the quality/quantity of the work they've done so far.

At least System Shock 3 is still coming.

2. Damnit. I was so ready for this. Please don't let this end up canceled.

3. Bummer. Guess I'm going to have to just deal with playing through the clunky original after all, which I had hoped to avoid doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    hahahahah
    Not really sure why a company failing at a project and letting people down who were looking forward to their game is funny?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 18 Feb 2018 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Bummer. Guess I'm going to have to just deal with playing through the clunky original after all, which I had hoped to avoid doing.
    The original is still an excellent game despite being clunky. I doubt the remake would have captured the exact feeling to fully replace it, anyway.

It sounds like they tried too hard to make their own changed vision of it and it bit them in the ass.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    The original is still an excellent game despite being clunky. I doubt the remake would have captured the exact feeling to fully replace it, anyway.

It sounds like they tried too hard to make their own changed vision of it and it bit them in the ass.
    Yeah, they pulled a complete bait and switch. The demo/vertical slice they showed at the time of the Kickstarter was, in essence, a completely different project from top to bottom than the one they ended up making. Had they stuck to the original, they probably could have completed it, but they got over-confident on their ability to secure outside funds for their expanded vision, and fucked the whole thing up. Really irresponsible. I wouldn't have terribly minded the new direction if they pulled it off, but I'm pretty disappointed they did it without money on the table.

6. Isn't there some sort of mod for the original that makes it less awkward to play?

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Isn't there some sort of mod for the original that makes it less awkward to play?
    There's an updated port that helps a bit, but the interface is just clunky by nature. It's still playable, but it's just not as smooth or intuitive as it should be.