Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Spring, 2016)

1. I've been meaning to check out B&S ever since I saw it on a stream and thought it looked pretty cool, thanks for reminding me sedition.

2. I'm on the Mushin server if you want some help. It'll probably have a queue for free to play people though.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Hey MechDeus... it's time to start grinding again
    I still haven't hit 45 yet, too much time spent on BDO. Warlock is pretty damn fun, I'll probably make it my first max and then screw around some more with blade dancer.

Tree of Savior early access launches in a week, I'll also probably be back to dabbling around in that game as well.

4. I started playing Zelda OOT on the GameCube last night. I've put in about 3.5 hours so far. I was thinking that I would play it some more this evening, until I was reminded that I'm updating Network hardware at a Chase Bank tonight.

5. I've been spending a lot of time with Culdcept Saga. Goddamn have I never met a game that I've wanted so much to like but it's so determined to make me hate it. I now recall why it got put down 7 or 8 years ago. The cheating ass computer is just too much to handle. It always gets rolls and cards it needs, while I just about always get completely fucked. 1 in 8 chance of landing on the square the opponent massively built up? More like a 1 in 1 chance!
    But I am sticking with it. This is the ultimate "play for an hour, get destroyed, come back tomorrow" game.

6. You'll find that you can overcome the computer's cheating ways, once you load up your deck with a couple of beasts that can be heavily boosted with other cards.

Culdcept Saga is one of my favorites for the 360.

7. I'm playing Shadow of Mordor. It's pretty cool for a game that practically does nothing original. They took the combat from the Arkham games, the world map and objectives from GTA, the wall climbing and collectibles from Assassin's Creed, and I'm pretty sure the skill tree is "inspired" from another game too, as it looks really familiar; and cobbled together a pretty good game. I absolutely HATE the QTEs when you're dying, but it is cool that you can buy skills to improve that.

Ok does anyone know how to code well enough to do a big pvp mod project on FTL? I want to learn to code to do this shit.

I wasn't sure how pvp would work but I think I got it. 2-4 players start at the edges of a random generated sector.

You can pick a starting ship from a limited amount of starting scrap or points, from a base ship with like 2 engines 1 shield and nothing else.
    Max systems are like, 3 or 4.

Once all ships are picked, the game runs in real time. NO PAUSES for any players. You have to race through the sector to the base and then hold the base king of the hill style for like a minute. Timer pauses during battle. Permanent repair stations are random in the map based on how many players are in (Maybe 1 for 2 player, 2 for 3-4 player)

Since there is no pausing you have to race to the repair station and back through neutral jumps to keep one player from holding the base for the required time.

Of course it'd take testing and balancing to get the time and limitations right.

Options would be able to tweak game speed so more casual players could handle no pause.

It would be cool if a travelling store appeared in sector too on a random timer.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Been playing Ys Orgins. It is ok. It is more like tower of Druaga than ys, however.

Its alright. Nothing to just amazing. Levels are ok. Controls are ok. Some of the bosses look cool. I'm half way up the tower and writing is adequate. Nothing too horrible or cheesy. But nothing super interesting either.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Ok does anyone know how to code well enough to do a big pvp mod project on FTL? I want to learn to code to do this shit.

I wasn't sure how pvp would work but I think I got it. 2-4 players start at the edges of a random generated sector.

You can pick a starting ship from a limited amount of starting scrap or points, from a base ship with like 2 engines 1 shield and nothing else.
    Max systems are like, 3 or 4.

Once all ships are picked, the game runs in real time. NO PAUSES for any players. You have to race through the sector to the base and then hold the base king of the hill style for like a minute. Timer pauses during battle. Permanent repair stations are random in the map based on how many players are in (Maybe 1 for 2 player, 2 for 3-4 player)

Since there is no pausing you have to race to the repair station and back through neutral jumps to keep one player from holding the base for the required time.

Of course it'd take testing and balancing to get the time and limitations right.

Options would be able to tweak game speed so more casual players could handle no pause.

It would be cool if a travelling store appeared in sector too on a random timer.
    This sounds like a great idea! I've been trying to finish a single run of this game but it's very tough, I'd probably do terrible in an online match but it would be fun to try.

Tried out Ryse last night thanks to a really good sale. It's pretty satisfying if not a little average in terms of combat, but the finishers are fun and it looks real nice when heads and limbs are flying. I feel like this may be a short game.

Tried Alex out in SFV, I like his style (fighting-wise, not so much model-wise). Played 14 matches online today and not a single Alex, though, which was a little surprising. Really like that Best of 3 style option for ranked matches, and the time between games seemed a little shorter as well.

Trials Evolution (and HD), going back through all these classic tracks warms my heart, and the ability to upload straight to Youtube after each track is nice. Hopefully I'll have a Gold/Plat run up for every track within a week or two. Trying to do the same thing for Fusion but that one I have to record and upload on my own time, which apparently means days worth of upload time for the big ass files I'm creating while recording.

BoI: Afterbirth - Been doing boss rush runs lately, getting further than I did in Rebirth and it feels good. Still haven't been able to beat Greed mode, although I've only been trying it with Azazel to try and unlock Lilith. Haven't had a single Mega Satan run in this version yet, even when I find the first half of the key real early in the game. Still one of my favorite ways to spend an hour or two.

Banner Saga - Trying to get through the story. I really like the battles and trying to keep everyone alive without healing (I don't even know if theres an option to heal later in the game, hopefully?), but I've long since decided to check out on the actual story, probably because I play it late at night when I'm just ready to kill some dudes and not read a novel.

Miitomo. Yeah, lots of time on the pooper with this one. And between fightmans fights. And when bored by the TV in bed. Holy shit even the notification sounds are super loud.

Subnautica - finally built a little base after making a fabricator, now I don't have to keep swimming back to my escape pod. This is a really nice and relaxing game to experience... Until it becomes night time. IRL I'm not a fan of big bodies of water, especially dark water I can't see through, and so swimming at night in this game gives me REAL fucking anxiety! Then I finally get the nerve up to go scrounging for materials, and all of a sudden something eats me from behind and I have a panic attack and shut the game down. Fun!

South Park SoT - Trying to do another 100% All Achievements run, going to upload it if possible, but I've got to make the files smaller. They did a really good job with this game, IMO.

Dark Souls PTDE - Back in Anor Londo and inside the castle now, only took 4 times to get past that fucking archer. You know which one. Realized I missed out on the Darkwraith Covenant by talking to Frampt too early, totally forgot about that until after doing it, so there will be a NG+ for sure when going for the final achievements again. This game, man.