Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like the Clouds, Like the Wind

Like the Clouds, Like the Wind

Japanese Title: Kumo no you ni, Kaze no you ni

Has anyone heard of this or seen it? There are fansubs out there but no domestic release.

Info: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/buri...ure/2007-02-08

excerpt:

It's almost inconceivable today, with all of the knowledge we have at our disposal, that one could mistakenly think something a Miyazaki movie and go for months, nay years, uncorrected. But this actually happened to many anime fans in the late 90's with a made-for-TV movie called Like the Clouds, Like the Wind. This belief was further complicated by the film's lone fansubber, who actually translated the credits: Directed by Hayao Miyazaki. (It was written by a Miyazaki, but not THE Miyazaki. It was Akira Miyazaki, no relation to the Ghibli guy.)

Looking at the film, it's an easy mistake to make. The character designs were by Katsuya Kondo, a Ghibli animator who did character designs for Kiki's Delivery Service and the Jade Cocoon games for Playstation and Playstation 2. The protagonist is a spunky young peasant girl trying to make it in a new unfamiliar place, and wins the hearts of those around her. It tastes like Kiki on the Silk Road, with a dash of Princess Mononoke and a pinch of Spirited Away.

Official Japanese Site: http://pierrot.jp/title/kumokaze/stuff.htm

10 minute excerpt:

Last edited by Scourge; 09 Feb 2007 at 12:27 PM.

2. That looks nice. The usual place has it. I know what i'm watching tonight!
    Donk

The music and the fact that it looks like Kiki's makes me tear up a little bit. Wish I could purchase this.

4. You can risk Yes Asia http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1002808550/ for raw or there's at least one boot on ebay.

I'm going to make an anime/manga company that only brings over classics and really good stuff. One day. One day.
    Donk

GO GO FINCH ANIME COMPANY GET!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    there's at least one boot on ebay.
    Shit. I'm not buying any extraneous stuff at the moment because I need money for my trip to NY, otherwise I'd grab a copy from ebay RIGHT NOW.

7. I've watched it before, and really enjoyed it. It was a fun anime to watch.

8. Yeah, it's nice, sometimes really nice. There are a few gaps that make it seem like they had to cut out a lot. I think it could've been a series that kept going after the end.

Ginga...
    Donk

9. I liked the ten minutes in the first post. I'll definitely get around to watching it soon.

Strange how strongly Ghibli it is. Very different from what else I've seen by Studio Pierrot.

I don't know how well you can trust a translator who changes Miyazaki Akira to Miyazaki Hayao, but the subs in the video seem on from what I know...

10. HEY GUESS WHAT SCOURGE

IT CAME OUT HERE LAST MONTH AND I HAVE IT AND I AM WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW, I WISH YOU WERE HERE TOO

And that anime company? It’s not mine, but they’re real! Discotek brings out the old stuff, I’m so happy. They’re bringing out Galaxy Express 999 tv, i am so happy...