Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nights of Azure (PS4)

1. Nights of Azure (PS4)

This generation sucks because there aren't enough C-list Japanese titles. Thankfully, Gust is helping to step up to the plate with a new action/RPG that's gothier than their usual fare, coming out on 3/29 to the PS4 (PS3/Vita US release is still under determination).

Kind of excited.

It's OK. Design and music is good, and there's a fair amount of supplemental exposition behind the scenes which put some meat on the bones. Most boss battles have good structure to them and challenge is maintained pretty well throughout the game as long as you don't bother grinding bosses, which is easy to avoid doing. However, her moves are limited, coordination with your followers is minimal, and everyone acts pretty robotic in the dialogues (despite voices being sometimes at volumes to the contrary).

Probably most would be content with paying $30 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    This generation sucks because there aren't enough C-list Japanese titles.
    It's tough for Nintendo to support two platforms.

4. Nintendo can't prop up a generation like Bullet Witch could.

5. Gust is the best C-list jrpg company and i'm glad Tecmo lets them do what they want to do even if there are more busty ladies in this game than usual. I remember reading the Vita version was kind of crappy.
    There are crazy amounts of B and C-tier (and D-tier) Jp titles if you're not just sticking to PS4 and PS4 seems like it'll get a lot too. A new Senran Kagura was just released as well as Aegis of the Earth, Makai Trillion or whatever they're calling it here is in a few days, Stranger of Sword City next month, that new Langriser that's supposed to be awful is soon, Digimon Something or Other, which was supposed to be great, was last month. There are way more than i can keep up with anymore. The middle of PS3/360/Wii was dry but there is a worrying amount of these things lately.

*worrying because they're all aimed at the same audience that probably can't keep up with them
    Donk

6. Neptunia U: Action Unleased and Akiba's Trip on PC are definitely in the right direction, so it seems like Vita ports are the only way we're going to get most of this stuff on the big screen. Now if I could only catch a Deception IV PS4 sale finally I'd be set for a little bit.

Makai Trillion looks pretty cool, thanks for the heads up!

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Now if I could only catch a Deception IV PS4 sale finally I'd be set for a little bit.
    It was on a flash sale for like $20 a month or two ago, I almost pulled the trigger but I'd never tried any of them so I hesitated.

8. I feel like a missed a lot of stuff like this because nobody talks about it here anymore.

I wanted to make a thread for C-List Almost-Masterpiece Lost Dimensions but didn't think anyone would g any fs.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    It was on a flash sale for like $20 a month or two ago, I almost pulled the trigger but I'd never tried any of them so I hesitated.
    I thought I looked during every PSN sale these last few months, but clearly I missed one. Ugh. UGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me
    I wanted to make a thread for C-List Almost-Masterpiece Lost Dimensions but didn't think anyone would g any fs.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I feel like a missed a lot of stuff like this because nobody talks about it here anymore.

Make it. Thats the only games worth discussing.

I don't need you buttholes to hype A listers that are going to be in my facebook feed and on the front page of Steam.