Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Necropolis: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve (PC, PS4, XBO)

1. I hear they've been getting better at the Shadowrun games although I haven't played any but the first, which wasn't bad. Sitting on my pile to get done sometime this year.

2. I spent about an hour playing this at Wizard World a while back trying to give it the best chance I could.

It just didn't feel right. Combat didn't have weight, and it was just massive waves of enemies nonstop which doesn't fit with slower combat like souls.

I came into it really wanting to buy the game but now I'm waiting to see if they can improve it before release.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Skip to 9:35 for examples of light/heavy/special on one weapon.

I don't think I'm down, but it's a good freshman effort.

4. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Although my big question is stagger or the lack thereof. The trailer showed, multiple times in a row, the player hitting a large enemy a couple times then getting killed by its attack. We haven't seen a roll to get out of those situations. Will have you to to be very conservative with your moves and block the followup? No animation cancelling? Because that would turn people off big time.

At 2:15 you can see him dashing around a bunch. How fast that will react in real gameplay I don't know, but there is a roll in place, so to speak.

Now, if it doesn't have any iframes then it might really suck.

5. Well-timed side-step at 8:15. Still got hit. Not looking good for i-frames. Animation cancel looked nice, though.

6. Can a game even be both a "soulslike" (if that's not already the accepted term, I just coined it, spread the word :P ) and a roguelike? As I understand them, one of the main defining features of both genres is how they each handle death of the player character - that is, in ways that are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Soulslike movement, roguelike death?

8. This game looks like shit.

9. Do not want.

Guess I'm alone in liking how it's looking. I'm down as long as they get some meat behind the combat.

Ideally it's Wind Waker combat but with enemies that will actually hit you.