Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Necropolis: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve (PC, PS4, XBO)

1. Necropolis: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve (PC, PS4, XBO)

Indie Dark Souls roguelike. Sorry, just trying to see if I could make you throw up in your mouth.

However, it is actually those things along with some awesome style and 4-player co-op on top. Randomly generated dungeons and perma-death are in here with some third person action combat. It had a March 17th release date but the developer struck a deal with Bandai Namco to also bring it to consoles. The dev then decided to hop right in on working on the ports and release them all together, so now it's been pushed back to "summer." Sad Christmas. Still, this way it'll get out to more people and will hopefully not crushed over by the release of Dark Souls 3.

http://necropolisgame.com/

2. Bad swordfeel...

3. Praise the wind waker

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Bad swordfeel...
    Yeah. That didn't look fun.

5. True story: my opening line was written expressly for ARBM. Now I just need BioMechanic to post in here after it comes out and we'll have a carbon copy of the Salt and Sanctuary thread.

6. Necropolis: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve (PC, PS4, XBO)

If I want janky long leading animations for sword play I'll play dark souls.
    I'll play this before I play lifeless puppet Dark Souls platformer 2000 by Jimmy Emo and the Cut Myself Crew.

7. I'm flattered!

Souls is a good series. I wish these Souls-inspired indie games were ripping off the parts that make it good.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    If I want janky long leading animations for sword play I'll play dark souls.

There's a lot of different weapons with different speeds and moves, it'll be okay.

looks boring. Looks like it has 10 graphic designers, one programmer and no writer.

10. Well, it's Harebrained Schemes. I hope this does well for them. Cut your teeth with action here and proceed to a modern version of genny shadowrun.

Looks like the Khukri doesn't have the long initial swing like all the other weapons in the trailer. It also seemed to have a running attack.

That bastard's sword had the long startup on the first attack, but the rest of the combo came out quickly.

Can't tell if the Kriss' combos are really that slow or if they were delaying the inputs. I bet landing that charged jumping axe chop feels satisfying.

In any case, I doesn't seem as jank as at first blush.

Although my big question is stagger or the lack thereof. The trailer showed, multiple times in a row, the player hitting a large enemy a couple times then getting killed by its attack. We haven't seen a roll to get out of those situations. Will have you to to be very conservative with your moves and block the followup? No animation cancelling? Because that would turn people off big time.
    Last edited by alan_fatima; 26 Mar 2016 at 02:29 PM.