Thread: The National Videogame Museum opens its doors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

1. The National Videogame Museum opens its doors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

http://www.nvmusa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by nvmusa
    As gamers, we all demanded it: A place where we can learn about the videogame industry's rich history, where it's heading next, and how we can all be a part of it. A place where we can meet and expand our vast community of creative and competitive minds. A place that exudes FUN in a permanent home where on any given day we can play the games of yesterday, today AND tomorrow. It's HAPPENING in Frisco, Texas on April 2, 2016

Special Grand Opening hours: April 2 and April 3, 10am - 8pm.

On Saturday, April 2, enjoy photo opportunities with cosplay chacters and Deuce of the Frisco RoughRiders, musical entertainment, food trucks (food/drinks available for purchase) and more!
    My old lady told me about this. I was kind of surprised that this sort of snuck its way into the area, without hearing much of a peep about it on the internet. We plan on visiting the Frisco site soon.

2. I think they have an uphill battle if they hope to compare favorably to what the Rochester Museum of Play has going on.

3. They have videogame history classes. I can't imagine that those classes will have much success.

4. I would design and give one of those classes if they let me. Shit, I'd create a syllabus and everything.

5. The Gaming Historian paid a little visit to the museum.

6. Went today, it's pretty cool. Went with my hyperactive 5 year old, so it'll be nice to go without him to take in the vintage stuff more.
    There are only murderers in this room! Michael! Open your eyes! This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see heaven.