Thread: The National Videogame Museum opens its doors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

1. The National Videogame Museum opens its doors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

http://www.nvmusa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by nvmusa
    As gamers, we all demanded it: A place where we can learn about the videogame industry's rich history, where it's heading next, and how we can all be a part of it. A place where we can meet and expand our vast community of creative and competitive minds. A place that exudes FUN in a permanent home where on any given day we can play the games of yesterday, today AND tomorrow. It's HAPPENING in Frisco, Texas on April 2, 2016

Special Grand Opening hours: April 2 and April 3, 10am - 8pm.

On Saturday, April 2, enjoy photo opportunities with cosplay chacters and Deuce of the Frisco RoughRiders, musical entertainment, food trucks (food/drinks available for purchase) and more!
    My old lady told me about this. I was kind of surprised that this sort of snuck its way into the area, without hearing much of a peep about it on the internet. We plan on visiting the Frisco site soon.

2. I think they have an uphill battle if they hope to compare favorably to what the Rochester Museum of Play has going on.

3. They have videogame history classes. I can't imagine that those classes will have much success.

4. I would design and give one of those classes if they let me. Shit, I'd create a syllabus and everything.

5. The Gaming Historian paid a little visit to the museum.

6. Went today, it's pretty cool. Went with my hyperactive 5 year old, so it'll be nice to go without him to take in the vintage stuff more.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.