Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: April, 2016

1. Subterrania is hard but very underrated. And Ys is always good! Nice score.

I picked up Lords of the Fallen today. Time for some discount Dark Souls!

Got some C64 stuff. Aside from Hitchhiker's on disk, there was a cheap 43 game/compilation pile on cassettes. Here's some of it -

Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 07 Apr 2016 at 08:55 PM.

3. Do you have much issues with the Commodore 64 cassettes not reading or anything like that? I remember old VHS and cassette tapes becoming white noise over time.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Please tell me that Hitchhikers Guide has the box and all the goodies in it. That's my favorite game package ever, everyone needs their own miniature space fleet.

I have had pretty good luck with cassettes so far (and only one dead floppy disk that I know of) but I know they won't last forever. Some of the recent games I bought are glitchy because they're made for PAL format, though.

And yeah Hitchhiker's has all the goodies.

6. That Solomon's Key box art...

Can't you at this point just back up the tapes to the pc with the mic in?

I haven't read about it in years but my tape thing for the old atari just used a standard audio cable and a standard tape player, implying that the game device interpreted sound and was not running an actual 5 vdc digital signal or the like, and the audio could be played from anything.

There is a homebrew device to load games from MP3 format so it's probably the same concept as the Atari one. The best thing for the long term is probably to get one of those flash devices where you can add disk images. It would have the fastest loading and have access to every game. I might eventually get something like that for my Atari XE.

The xe is such a nice system. Some very nice ports.

10. Nice haul NeoZeedeater!

I picked up Star Wars: The Force Awakens (BR) for $19.99 from Walmart. The sales price ends tomorrow.