Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Old Folks GOTM April 2016: Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

1. TNL Old Folks GOTM April 2016: Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

I started this last night. 4 letter names are a bummer!

My party so far is a BASIC BITCH PARTY.
    Hero - Happy
    Cleric - Sexy
    Fighter - Eager
    Mage - Alert

Grinding is a real piece of shit in this game, huh?

I had to grind to about level 5, but now I can pretty much go anywhere without fear. I'm pretty sure they made this easier than the original version, 2 was the same way.

The world map in the bears a striking resemblance to earth, and I just got to a town called "Romaly" right where Rome would be. Lol. I see what's coming.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I had to grind to about level 5, but now I can pretty much go anywhere without fear. I'm pretty sure they made this easier than the original version, 2 was the same way.

The world map in the bears a striking resemblance to earth, and I just got to a town called "Romaly" right where Rome would be. Lol. I see what's coming.
    That's right!! This one has Jipang, right?
    Man, I really enjoyed this one when I played it the first time.

I believe I got it in the summer and it lasted at least a month.

FUN FACT: This game made my parents block 800 numbers because I racked up a bill trying to find either something to do with the sun or moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    That's right!! This one has Jipang, right?.
    Hell if I know, this is my first time playing it for more than 15 minutes to test a cart. I have translated fami and SNES carts but haven't got around to playing it.

Btw, the SNES one is GORGEOUS. But I know I don't have the time to play a game this big on a console right now.

5. Which translation did you use?
    On one hand, it'll be good for us to all use the same medium, on the other we can compare and contrast.

Since we're slipping in to old habits, I was watching Erased and when he traveled back to either 88 or 90 the kids were talking about running home to play Dragon Quest III.

Honestly, I have no idea. A guy made it for me several years back. I'm actually playing the GBC version right now.

7. GBC version + GBA SP + recumbent bike + gym + disgusted looks for me.

They're just jealous.

9. I have this unfinished GBC copy and a GBA SP i bought from Arobimi

or i could play the Super Famicom one...

HMM.
    Donk

10. I was playing this on my old iPhone and loved it! I think I'll start it again on SNES.