Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow of the Beast (PS4)

Shadow of the Beast (PS4)

This is easily my favorite long lost Amiga series, though I admittedly played it on just about everything but: Genesis, Lynx, and Turbo SCD. The trailer is pretty week, but I was very pleasantly surprised that someone actually thought to refresh this IP at all. Hopefully I'll still feel that way once we see gameplay...

2. The aesthetic matches the old games in terms of character design so it looks consistent in that regard but it's a bit too early for me to say much more about it.

3. Holy balls, where did all of that brown come from? That's like, the brownest thing ever. The original was all green and blue. WTF?

4. Hopefully it's closer to the spirit of the original than say Splatterhouse. I see gore and muted surroundings right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    This is easily my favorite long lost Amiga series, though I admittedly played it on just about everything but: Genesis, Lynx, and Turbo SCD.
    You should check out the Amiga exclusive third game. Like I have said in other threads, I think it's the one that holds up best (even though visually the first game is more impressive with all the parallax). On emulator you could probably rig it to use a button to jump, too.

6. I really hope this is more than just a God of War clone. Exploration was a big part of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    On emulator you could probably rig it to use a button to jump, too.
    That would certainly be a requirement!

8. Such a weird choice of franchises to bring back out of the blue like that. I thought the originals had some amazing visual design but mediocre gameplay (which would actually describe how I felt about most Psygnosis games prior to Wipeout and Colony Wars). Hopefully the long-awaited sequel to Philosoma is next.

9. Those Beast games were all shit. Even the shit Amiga ones. Only the first game had decent visuals but only for the backgrounds. The characters barely had any animation at all. Why out of all series to bring back they bring this garbage?

Now Colony Wars..THAT they should bring back. Shadow of the Beast. LOL

10. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    You should check out the Amiga exclusive third game. Like I have said in other threads, I think it's the one that holds up best (even though visually the first game is more impressive with all the parallax). On emulator you could probably rig it to use a button to jump, too.
    You can do that on a CD32 or modded Mega Drive controller too. All you have to do is run a wire from up to whatever button it is you want to use for jump.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)