Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Titanfall 2 (PC, PS4, One)

1. Also $35 at Walmart. Great price for a fantastic new game.

Edit: Was able to price-match by BB pre-order.
    Last edited by Geo; 10 Nov 2016 at 11:23 AM.

2. Oh hell yes, this just made my day! I was super close to buying the deluxe edition at Costco yesterday, glad I waited!

3. Nice!

4. Amazon has matched the $35 price for Titanfall 2, although both console versions are listed as out of stock for a few days.

5. Target in my area wouldn't honor it, but Wal Mart had no problem taking my 35 bucks. Thanks for the heads up!

So did the tweaks they promised to do after the beta really solve the multiplayer issues?

7. Movement speed is definitely faster and Titans are more durable.

Part of the problem with the beta was that it didn't really put all the loadouts on the table. There were only 2 titan classes out of the final game's 6, and it only let you pick from a few base loadout abilities for pilots. The grapple hook wasn't present in the beta, iirc, and it totally changes the game for pilot mobility.

There's still some kinda iffy map design, but the enhanced mobility and broader class options certainly make them more interesting than how they played in the beta.

8. The grapple was in the beta.

The movement speed & Titanfalls building over time fixed the two major gripes. Plus the amazing campaign gives you a chance to re-familiarize yourself with the movement systems and all of the new/different loadouts.

9. I was using the grapple to get onto titans to steal their cores yesterday. One guy wasn't having it though. I stupidly tried to do it head-on, and so when i got close to him he melee'd me. I was not expecting that.

10. Yeah, gotta be sneaky with it, get 'em from behind. Charging a titan head-on is usually insta-death if the player's competent. Probably shouldn't take on groups of titans either, one of 'em can just punch you off the top.

Grapple's pretty fun to take titans on with if you get it down. When you take the battery and automatically jump off, just fire the grapple immediately back at the titan to get right back on and drop grenades into their gas tank. The perk that lowers ability cooldown time helps here, you can loop it several times until the titan goes boom.