Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: North Texas hail pounded my home and vehicles.

1. How long have you lived in apartments for more than one lease period?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I have never had my rent go up
    From my experiences, if you rent from an individual the rent usually stays the same as long as you pay on time. However, if you rent from a company (and most apartments are owned by real estate management companies now) they increase the price on every 1 year lease renewal. If you don't like it, there are a dozen more people who want to move in.

Sucks, but that's the way it works. Back when I rented I always hunted for private owners renting out houses and stayed away from apartments as much as I could.

3. Yeah, that is true. If it's a small place with a 'real' landlord they don't move as much. My friend kept super cheap rent because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    How long have you lived in apartments for more than one lease period?
    Couple times. Been here 2 or 3 years. Before that 2 or 3 years in this one place. 2 or 3 at the place before that.

Might mean you're living somewhere where landlords have a hard time getting tenants. Middle of nowhere, perhaps?

6. rental properties don't mind spinning the wheel of tenant. Private individuals tend to be happy when they get a decent tenant and dont want to chance the next being a douche, over a couple of percentage points.

7. I fucking hate property management companies. They do all sorts of crooked shit, like not paying out interest on rental deposits even though they're required by law to do so.
    As a renter, I've always preferred sharing a house with my landlord. They tend to take care of the place and appreciate the fact that I do the same. I've actually had my rent lowered because of it. I also tend to leave apartments in far better condition than I found them in. Some people think I'm crazy for putting work into a rental property, but I tend to do it early on and enjoy the benefits for years, so I think it's more than worth the trouble.

8. I rented last year and the landlord didn't give me any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    rental properties don't mind spinning the wheel of tenant. Private individuals tend to be happy when they get a decent tenant and dont want to chance the next being a douche, over a couple of percentage points.
    probably this.

I don't even have to pay this guy on time. Like, half the time I mail this months check in the first week of next month with next months check. He has never bothered me about it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Might mean you're living somewhere where landlords have a hard time getting tenants. Middle of nowhere, perhaps?
    He lives in a shithole, no one wants to live there

And by that I mean the town itself, the apt may be nice.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.