Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: North Texas hail pounded my home and vehicles.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    How much is that house and what are your property taxes, if you don't mind answering? We have a house in new jersey and I like to compare the property values to see how much better we could be living somewhere else.
    The house is valued around $138,000 (built in 2004), and I think our taxes were around $4,000. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with @ 1,900 square feet of living space. It also has a 2 car garage and about 1/2 acre of lot space.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Aug 2016 at 11:57 PM.

Fuck 4k in taxes.

I only pay 7200 in rent a year.

3. you also live where you live.

Some of you pay what you pay just for the knowledge that you live there while not receiving any real benifit.

That is also how they get away with charging so much.

6. well, no

Yeah, not really.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Some of you pay what you pay just for the knowledge that you live there while not receiving any real benifit.

You pay rent for either a shoe box of an apartment, or an apartment in a pretty low income part of town. You have neighbors that stomp their feet on the floor above you, or their children are screaming and crying next door. All of your rent money is pretty much gone to waste, since the only return you get from it is a place to sleep and store your stuff.

What do I get for home ownership on the good side of town?

-Low crime
    -Good roads
    -Cops that aren't assholes
    -Clean, new stores and restaurants
    -Property value that is going up.
    -A quiet neighborhood

The other benefits are:

-Federal tax deductions for property tax and home ownership
    -Property that I can either rent out, or sell at a possible profit in the future
    -Improved credit rating that will also help to get lower interest rates on loans and credit cards.

I'm moving out of the city to strip mall central to save some money. Give me 6 months and I'll give you all an objective view on whether or not it was worth it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The house is valued around $138,000 (built in 2004), and I think our taxes were around $4,000. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with @ 1,900 square feet of living space. It also has a 2 car garage and about 1/2 acre of lot space.
    I pay less property tax than that and my house was, uhh, way more expensive.