Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

1. Josh wonders why I'm uninterested in entering into commerce with you fuckers.

2. No one in any industry should be working 100-hour work weeks. If you think 100 hour work weeks are fueled from individual passion and because the developer cares sooooooooo much about its perfect happyfuntime game, I have a bridge I can sell you for a nominal fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Yet every one of these sprawling open world games follows the same trend. I also work a job in a creative field and I can tell you a team that does the bare minimum rarely builds things this big.

I'm not saying it's right or ethical I'm just providing a simple counterpoint: it has produced some of the most ambitious games and media.
    Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit. Plan and simple your an idiot trying to justify shitty conditions. Plenty of things have been produced that are huge and amazing with out working people to death and denying them from seeing their family to live at work. You're wrong, plain and simple and there are studies out there saying you are.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Tons of overtime sucks for everyone but there are far worse things to be doing than banging on a keyboard or pushing crayons around all day. Pussies.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. All the good running shoes are made in sweatshops. It must be the only possible way to make good running shoes.

6. "It appears in evidence, that of all employments to which children are subjected, those carried in factories are amongst the least laborious, and of all departments of in-door labour, amongst the least unwholesome. the Factory Children are … comparatively better taken care of – better educated – in better health – live better – are better clothed – and much better paid – than any trade individually, or the whole of the working classes collectively, throughout her Majesty's British dominions" Frederic Montagu Mary Ashley the Factory Girl (1839)

"The occupations of children in spinning-mills are chiefly piecing, cleaning, and feeding the carding and cleansing machines. The labour of the piercer is . . . nothing more than to reunite yarns which have been broken during the process of stretching by mule. . . . The children in the mills are better paid, and work less [than those in agriculture]."

. . .

"If these plain truths [of supply and demand] had been understood by the members of combinations and trade-unions, we should never have heard one word concerning infant slavery, factory bills, and ten-hours bills [to limit the work day]. But, unfortunately, the operatives were flattered with the idea that the masters could not do without them, which was to some extent true; but they quite forgot that they could not do without the masters, and that they were destroying competition which alone could raise wages, when they frightened some capitalists out of business, and deterred others from coming to it" Factories and the Factory System: From Parliamentary Documents and Personal Examination, William Cook Taylor (1844)

The last one is especially good: Opaque and mog, y'all could get your rocks off reading this.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 24 Oct 2018 at 09:44 AM.

7. But save the 19th-century anti-weekend polemics for when you have time to really have at yourself.

8. MAGA

9. Yoshi is so proud right now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    No one in any industry should be working 100-hour work weeks. If you think 100 hour work weeks are fueled from individual passion and because the developer cares sooooooooo much about its perfect happyfuntime game, I have a bridge I can sell you for a nominal fee.
    I’m pretty sure that those 100 hour work weeks come at crunch time, when the programmers are tasked with fixing bugs found during the final test runs. I doubt that mister or misses artist are still working on anything for the final product at that point.