Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 919212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

1. They worked so hard they forgot to make a fun game

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Yeah I just kind of have it right now too. Not sure where or who I should bring it to, or if it matters if it's just on my horse for a while.
    I tried to give it to the fat chef guy and he said to bring it to a trapper. So I did that. You have to physically take it off your horse and then sell it. After that you can buy bear skin stuff from him (so long as you keep giving him bear skins).

I'm not really sure how I even killed that bear. I ran at it head long and it mauled me aggressively before I knifed it.

I accidentally shoot people A LOT.

3. I'm enjoying all of the interactions with Marston. I wish the game was designed a little more with usability in mind but then I remember that RDR1 was a game that literally had you do a cattle drive in a thunder storm, so the designers want you to feel how good you have it now you lazy piece of shit. Or at least that's how I always took it.

I also hope the inevitable outrage over seeing animals getting skinned hurrys up and happens, resulting in the patch allowing me to choose if i want to see that shit or not, because holy fuck I don't need to see that in such detail, fake though it may be (I doubt skinning a rabbit is as easy as popping a can of beer open for example).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    but the controls are a usability cluster fuck.
    This.

I was just stuck in a room full of bodies & loot when a lawman runs in - but I guess my pistol was put away automatically while looting so holding LT and then spamming RT did nothing. Or I guess it was stuck in the looting context where LT + RT doesn't pull your weapon? Because it seems to pull the weapon most other times?
    Oh and as I was fleeing the scene I ran to my horse, mashed Y to mount it but instead tackled some guy in the middle of the street and was shot to death.

The game is super impressive but a little bit of a mess when the different modes of interaction start colliding.

5. Once you get some of the oddities figured out the game really shines. It’s so much fun to just fuck off in this. I was chilling on the back of a train and I deadeye roped a guy off his horse and dragged him down the tracks.
    The game is just glorious to look at. Watching a rainstorm roll in on the plains was one of the most incredible looking things in gaming I have ever witnessed. It reminded me so much of Theodore Nation Park in North Dakota.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 27 Oct 2018 at 07:27 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Good thing they hired an enormous gaggle of white slaves to code each part of the game separately and didn't allow communication between teams.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So where the fuck is a trapper?
    He was on the map near where the bear was. There was a little store marker.

8. I died and a pop up said I could find a trapper and I could still buy all the stuff? So I guess whatever.

9. I knew I missed a message when I put the fur on my horse. Two guys kidnapping a woman in a creepily lit wagon drove by so I shot them, which dismissed the tip.