Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13232526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One)

1. I'm 38% done now and just starting Chapter 3, and the horse fails have not stopped and are always funny. These things run into walls, off cliffs, and smash into carriages in the most entertaining ways. Or maybe I'm galloping behind a deer and use dead eye to make a perfect bow kill, only to be traveling so fast that I trample my perfect kill under hoof before I can slow down. That's not even a big deal, just something funny that has happened a few times now.

Game definitely looks incredible. Setting a carriage ablaze in the night and watching it set other shit on fire is a sight to see. Mission structure so far has been enjoyable, and I JUST unlocked the fast travel but have enjoyed riding from place to place and hunting along the way.

Jim Sterling made a great point about the characters being a bit over-animated. Like when you go to skin an animal but you're not in the exact right spot to start the deed, so you press the button and the guy lazily walks around like it's a car in GTA until he finds the sweet spot, then starts another several second animation to actually skin the thing. Walking around trying to loot things takes time as your character starts up and stops with plenty of extra animations that look great but slow down the pace of movement. But that type of thing is really the extent of my complaints with the game, several design decisions that aren't my favorite but I'm very happy to work with given the killer frame it's all displayed it. I haven't stopped playing and I've loved the whole time.

The accidental tackle that Firstblood mentioned happened to me as well and has become my favorite move. Actually blew a guy's head clean off from that position with the sawed off. This game is brutal as hell.

2. Lol, the controls in this game are total shit! L1 TO PICK UP YOUR GUN, SUDDENLY TRIANGLE TO PICK UP YOUR HAT STUPID IDIOT OF COURSE THAT'S WHAT WE DID

$60 worth of bugs and getting stuck in fences and shit

It literally opens with a 45 minute unskippable WALK N CHAT

fuck this stupid gaping cowboy asshole

got it on order with SSJN btw, can't fucking wait

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I'm 38% done now and just starting Chapter 3, and the horse fails have not stopped and are always funny. These things run into walls, off cliffs, and smash into carriages in the most entertaining ways. Or maybe I'm galloping behind a deer and use dead eye to make a perfect bow kill, only to be traveling so fast that I trample my perfect kill under hoof before I can slow down. That's not even a big deal, just something funny that has happened a few times now.

Game definitely looks incredible. Setting a carriage ablaze in the night and watching it set other shit on fire is a sight to see. Mission structure so far has been enjoyable, and I JUST unlocked the fast travel but have enjoyed riding from place to place and hunting along the way.

Jim Sterling made a great point about the characters being a bit over-animated. Like when you go to skin an animal but you're not in the exact right spot to start the deed, so you press the button and the guy lazily walks around like it's a car in GTA until he finds the sweet spot, then starts another several second animation to actually skin the thing. Walking around trying to loot things takes time as your character starts up and stops with plenty of extra animations that look great but slow down the pace of movement. But that type of thing is really the extent of my complaints with the game, several design decisions that aren't my favorite but I'm very happy to work with given the killer frame it's all displayed it. I haven't stopped playing and I've loved the whole time.

The accidental tackle that Firstblood mentioned happened to me as well and has become my favorite move. Actually blew a guy's head clean off from that position with the sawed off. This game is brutal as hell.
    I stopped reading at Jim Sterling. I can’t stand that fat bag of hot wind.

4. Sure.

The dude is just obnoxious.

5. Would he be less obnoxious if he were thin?

6. No, but the impression of a big bag of hot air wouldn't be there.

7. Jim Sterling can be annoying, though sometimes he has valid points, and this may be one of those times.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. SSJN, you're allowed to stop being fat, you know.

9. You’re allowed to stop being whatever it is you’ve morphed into, yet here we are.